* * * Titus' Training Log * * *

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot on mate, how come your fighting so soon after last fight?

Just the way the amateurs work, suppose it's good for activity but pain in the arse in other ways.

3 mile run this morning

Boxing tonight:

Jogging to warm up
6 Rounds on the bag; 15 seconds 'normal' boxing then 15 seconds intense work while maintaining good form
6 Rounds of circuits consisting of 6-7 exercises
Ab work
Stretch off

As an amateur how often do you train on a weekly basis?

As an amateur how often do you train on a weekly basis?

11-13 times most weeks.

I'd suggest by starting off on Ripptoe's 5x5 mate. Have a look on google for a pdf of it and start that whilst eating big and you'll see some great results in strength to give you a good base for lifting, but also size.

I'd suggest by starting off on Ripptoe's 5x5 mate. Have a look on google for a pdf of it and start that whilst eating big and you'll see some great results in strength to give you a good base for lifting, but also size.

So, for strength, it's better to do 5x5 rather than 3x10 as a general rule?

So, for strength, it's better to do 5x5 rather than 3x10 as a general rule?

Yeah, it's great for beginners looking to build muscle also though, as it gives them a good base for lifting and they'll also build a fair bit of muscle early on. If your primary goal is strength then you can start with this and then look into other routines if you start to plateu.

Doubt I'm going to be weight training again until over the summer, got a few bouts in quick succession and the last thing I want is to risk injury through weight training.

Today was a tough session at boxing tonight;

Skipping; 3 rounds.
Sparring; 3 rounds straight off with rotating sparring partners after every minute, so that my partners were fresh and able to really push me. Then I had 2-3 more rounds on top of that I think.
Bag work between rounds of sparring after the initial 3 rounds off the bat.
Padwork; 3 rounds.

Did 20 minutes skippin earlier because I was bored and then tonight my coach picked me up and we went to silky running track, session was;

1 lap jogging just to warm up
Stretch
Interval sprints between the floor lights; first 400m was 1 lamp sprint, 1 lamp jog, then 1 lap jogging around the track, then second 400m was 1 lamp jog, 2 lamps sprint around the track, then a jog round and back to 1 lamp sprint, 1 lamp jog.
Padwork; 3x2 minute rounds
Maximum effort hill climb. I'd like to call them sprints but the incline is just so steep it's not really sprinting at all. Did that 3 times.
Stretch off

Well nothing really to update until the 28th. I'm fighting on thursday so training this week is just going to be ticking over, then I'm having a week off because I'm really starting to feel fucked off training pretty constant for such a long period of time without a significant break. I was meant to be boxing June 7th but I honestly don't think I can do another few weeks of intense training without a rest and obviously a rest wouldn't leave me time to train for that date. So last fight of the season on thursday then a week of just no exercise but decent eating (probably have a cheat meal on thursday night).

Started planning my end of season training though and sorted my macros out for the first 4 weeks training which will start on the 28th. Around 3400kcal broken down into; 200g protein - 450g carbs - 90g fat. I'll go into more detail about the aims of the first 4 weeks of the summer training soon.

Been pulled out of my bout for thursday. Not sure whether it feelsgoodman.jpg or feelsbadman.jpg

Fuck it, back to training tomorrow, weights and light cardio, still going to rest from boxing until 28th or so mind. Time to start "bulking" as the bodybuilders would say, although the priority is strength gains.

Fuck it, back to training tomorrow, weights and light cardio, still going to rest from boxing until 28th or so mind. Time to start "bulking" as the bodybuilders would say, although the priority is strength gains.

what's the best way for this without gaining loads of weight? I just eat normally and gain weight for fun when training, that would be fine but I want to keep playing football etc

what's the best way for this without gaining loads of weight? I just eat normally and gain weight for fun when training, that would be fine but I want to keep playing football etc

The size of the caloric surplus is what will determine the rate of weight gain. Well, there's also going to be things such as water retention etc also, but in regards to muscle and fat gains, it's to do with the size of the caloric surplus.

What routine do you do when lifting weights mate?

What happened?

Haven't had any extended period of rest for around 15 month and I've got to the point where one would be considered overstrained, found myself falling asleep several times throughout the day along with other symptoms. Will post my routine for my first mesocycle tomorrow.

OMFG 'CARBASIDE' BREAKFASTZ

60g Protein, 280g Carbs and 8g Fat

Macros for today; 167g protein, 446 carbs, 90g fat.

I've been back on the heavy compounds, legs have been on fire after tuesday (heavy squat day) since I hadn't done weights for so long :lol:

I've been back on the heavy compounds, legs have been on fire after tuesday (heavy squat day) since I hadn't done weights for so long :lol:
Manged to drag my arse in to the grindhouse again this morning. Been on antibiotics for 6 days so no booze consumed. Feeling fit! Upper body weights this morning with 4 rounds on the bag. Cycled in as usual. Boxing is kicking my arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back