Time rules are changed

Be a canny tactic if you were drawing and needed more time to get a winner.
But again, like anything it would be at the referees discretion. If the ref feels you're doing it to deliberately get more time added on, they just wouldn't add it. But games like yesterday it was obvious why they were doing it, in that scenario ensuring they know they'll have extra time added on would prevent it

We need to find a way to deal with this and to stop moaning, if we were 1-0 up at Old Trafford we’d be doing the same
It doesn’t make it right though . If we do the same we should be punished.
Anyone ‘injured’ and requiring treatment needs to stay off the pitch for at least 2 minutes after play starts. If it is serious they will need 2 minutes to recover, if it isn’t they’ll all stop doing it.
What about players who are genuinely injured as a result of a foul . They are getting punished twice then .

Last edited:
But again, like anything it would be at the referees discretion. If the ref feels you're doing it to deliberately get more time added on, they just wouldn't add it. But games like yesterday it was obvious why they were doing it, in that scenario ensuring they know they'll have extra time added on would prevent it

Every club wastes time from time to time.

Mentioned earlier but it’s embarrassing when players take a clip on the left ankle and go down in fake agony holding their right knee- they can’t even cheat properly.

Let’s not also forget players are instructed to do this by the coaching staff.

Every club wastes time from time to time.
Yes, they do, because they are seeking to get an advantage. So introduce something that completely removes that advantage and actively punishes it and you'll find it happens a lot less. I hate it regardless of which team is doing it. I accept it if we're winning because everyone else does it, but ideally every game would be contested until the final whistle without it, it's boring as fuck to watch. Just punish it properly and it'll improve the game

Yes, they do, because they are seeking to get an advantage. So introduce something that completely removes that advantage and actively punishes it and you'll find it happens a lot less. I hate it regardless of which team is doing it. I accept it if we're winning because everyone else does it, but ideally every game would be contested until the final whistle without it, it's boring as fuck to watch. Just punish it properly and it'll improve the game
It would be better without time wasting.

Think there's enough in the laws already to make this not a problem - they're just not enforced. Ref took forever to finally book their player for time-wasting on the throwin then never tried to do anything again. As others have said the six second rule on the keepers is a total joke. It might as well not exist.

It doesn’t make it right though . If we do the same we should be punished.

What about players who are genuinely injured as a result of a foul . They are getting punished twice then .
It’s football get on with it, we aren’t going to change the rules. We need to find a way to cope

I’m getting increasingly frustrated at the “gamesmanship” or to use its real word cheating bastard soft as shite footballers ruining a match. It happens a lot at our level but also at top level.
The amount of players going down faking injury to waste time, rolling back onto the pitch when faking injury off it (couldn’t believe my eyes yesterday) and the time wasting from goal keepers for kicks (don’t get me started on their keeper yesterday moaning cos one of ours was stood close to him ffs), throw ins time wasting etc.

It ruins flow of game, is a turn off for punters and the added injury time never reflects anything like the time that should be added on.
Why don’t the powers that be change the rules?
For example, if the ref stops play he stops the clock and as a result we play until 45 eschWe then get proper injury time not bullshit made up numbers.

If someone wastes time on a throw in like they are it is an immediate yellow and the throw goes to the other team. The ref did yellow once for a throw time wasting yesterday but all it did was waste more time. Giving the throw the other way would solve and stop it. Say hey have 15 seconds to take the throw.
Also everyone now stands on or in front of or keeps hold of the ball or walks off with it for a free kick against them. That should be an immediate yellow and kick moved forwards 10 yards.
Finally change rule so only the captain is allowed to approach the ref. Anyone else is instant red.

We could learn a lot from rugby I think.

I am getting frustrated to the point of losing interest as it’s no longer a spectacle but an embarrassment.
So time rules haven’t changed then mis leading thread title

One of my annoyances is when the play gets stopped for an injury and on the restart the team have to play the ball back to the opponent's goalkeeper (this bit is all very sporting and the right thing to do) - then the goalkeeper receiving the ball uses this as an opportunity to time waste. It's really unsporting to be gifted the ball back then use it for your advantage.

I think we should stop added time me, soon as the balls out etc or an injury stop the clock ensure you get 45 minutes of play

brinf back the six second rule first one for a keeper is a warning second one it’s a yellow card snd an indirect free kick in the box.

what side the ball goes out should be the side of the box the GK is taken in

Teams get away with wasting far too much.

Well yes, which is why I'm suggesting something that would massively reduce the benefit of time wasting. If teams get punished for it (more than just a yellow card every so often) then it isn't worth doing and it'll stop. Which is surely what everyone wants?
Yeah, that's what I said.
I think we should stop added time me, soon as the balls out etc or an injury stop the clock ensure you get 45 minutes of play

brinf back the six second rule first one for a keeper is a warning second one it’s a yellow card snd an indirect free kick in the box.

what side the ball goes out should be the side of the box the GK is taken in

Teams get away with wasting far too much.
Each half would take about an hour, or more.

I always say they should change the rule so that if the ref deems you're time wasting, he adds on three times the amount of time. Time waste for 5 minutes and he's adding 15 minutes on at the end. If actually enforced it would stop it immediately. You'd still get people pretending to be injured like but it would be a start. And agree, if you're time wasting at a throw the opposition should get possession.

But what if you actively want time added on and you wasted time knowing additional time would be added? Or would it only be added if your team was in front?

Fine the manager £25,000 each time a player dives or feigns injury. It’ll soon stop.
I only tend to watch our games now as I’m sick of all the cheating and diving in the game these days.

But what if you actively want time added on and you wasted time knowing additional time would be added? Or would it only be added if your team was in front?
Referee's discretion. So if a team needs to win and they're drawing, then don't add it on. But in the vast majority of cases the ref knows its a slender lead and they're desperate to keep it, so add extra time on. I'll be honest, I haven't really thought it through, but the current system seems daft. I mean, they'll waste time knowing that it'll either be missed by the official or at worst they'll get a yellow. So the lad taking ages over the throw gets booked, then they'll just get someone else to take the next throw. The six second rule is a thing, but never enforced. There's just no incentive not to time waste because, at worst, you break play up and the amount of time you waste gets added on, but normally it works in your favour

Back