RAWA Ticketing

Good afternoon all. I've seen the recent threads on away tickets (Birmingham and Norwich especially), been tagged a couple of times, and it's obvious that people have a number of concerns.

I don't think it's confidential (certainly shouldn't be!) so just letting people know that I'm going to be attending a ticketing workshop next week. Not expecting it to be minuted or owt but I'll be able to discuss ticketing arrangements with reps from the club and hopefully it'll be used to inform the club as part of their review of customer service and ticketing

Can people who have issues please share them here so that I can ensure I bring them up?

The things I'm already planning to mention include:
- loyalty point drops (as mentioned in the Norwich thread whereby people on 29 points are in the same phase as people with 0)
- allocations in general, are our arrangements for away fans at the SoL preventing us getting higher allocations for our away games?
- minor one in the grand scheme of things but when there's high demand games it's mad that we've got to click on individual seats, only to be told someone else has them in their basket, potentially meaning people miss out. I'm sure ticketmaster has the facility to allow people to simply choose "any seats" and select the number they need

Any other specific issues please let me know, or feel free just to give your opinion on how our away ticket process works/ any frustrations, just to give me a wider appreciation of the issues people face.

I expect away tickets will be the main focus here, but equally please bring up any issues with home tickets and I'll try to raise those as well

Sorry if this is a daft question but I haven't booked tickets online for years, live down Nottingham for work and rarely get to matches and when I do family or friends sort the tickets for me.

But I'm home this weekend and tried to book some tickets online for me and my niece, registered an account but it won't allow me to book her ticket as u16, says age restricted or something and to "search network" for her account or something.

Just want a bloody child's ticket without making numerous accounts. What do I do in this instance? Or am I just gona have to head to ticket office?

Sorry if this is a daft question but I haven't booked tickets online for years, live down Nottingham for work and rarely get to matches and when I do family or friends sort the tickets for me.

But I'm home this weekend and tried to book some tickets online for me and my niece, registered an account but it won't allow me to book her ticket as u16, says age restricted or something and to "search network" for her account or something.

Just want a bloody child's ticket without making numerous accounts. What do I do in this instance? Or am I just gona have to head to ticket office?
Its to stop adults buying children’s tickets and using them I think. Create an account for her and then link them so you can manage the account. Sounds a fuck on, but it’s not that bad.

Everyone, including your niece, needs their own account. You then network them to yours and you can buy both. Given you can't get to many games, you're probably best off going to the ticket office.

Its to stop adults buying children’s tickets and using them I think. Create an account for her and then link them so you can manage the account. Sounds a fuck on, but it’s not that bad.

Haha thanks for the help, I'll just got to the ticket office, thought they would just check at the gate and see she's obviously a child but oh well. 🫣
Everyone, including your niece, needs their own account. You then network them to yours and you can buy both. Given you can't get to many games, you're probably best off going to the ticket office.
Yeah I'll just get my dad to head down today before it shuts, thanks for the help marra.
What time is the ticket office open til on match day?

Last edited:
Haha thanks for the help, I'll just got to the ticket office, thought they would just check at the gate and see she's obviously a child but oh well. 🫣

Yeah I'll just get my dad to head down today before it shuts, thanks for the help marra.

Might tell you on here https://www.eticketing.co.uk/safc/Common/CustomPage/Index/1

I would check myself but ticketmaster is so fuckiñg shite, it thinks I’m a bot 🤷‍♂️

Best to set account up online as there’s an additional £1.25 charge per ticket at the ticket office.

Takes 2 minutes to set the account up and ultimately it’ll need doing at some point.

Kick off as far as I know. Obviously, the earlier you can get down, the shorter the queue will be.

I did it for my son and grandson for the Plymouth game, took about 5 mins to open accounts for them and join my network.

The main issue is the allocations of 2k.

I’m guessing we’ll have 1-1.5k who do every away game, then take off the tickets allocated to staff and corporate and there’s not many left. The last 6 allocations have been:

Birmingham 2k (increased to 2230)
Huddersfield 2333
Boro 2k
Ipswich 2004
Rotherham 2k (can’t remember the exact number)
Hull 2k
I agree that is the main issue here and if its true that we can get extra allocations in tranches of 150 then it should be easy to resolve if the guys who run our club put the fans first in everything that they do

Good for you albeit the true test is if it ends up happening - judge how you feel then - 25 years longer as a ST holder versus one or two away games more? I just think the current system favours a younger demographic with less responsibility as an earlier poster mentioned. It's occurred to me a few times this season just how many younger lads and lasses (16-18) are attending matches and especially at the Rotherham match and i just wondered how they had managed to accumulate so many points. It just gets harder as you get older so i would prefer to see a more balanced system
Since we went to the SOL, they have always done the points this way. Where its done on a rolling 3 year period. Apart from the spell where they kept adding them on.
I think the only time they would take into account the length of time you've had your Season Card is if we got to a Cup final and there were less tickets available than season cards.
But knowing the current set up in the ticket office, they've probably lost those records now.
I can sort of see where you are coming from, but if people are going to more aways than you or me they should have priority.
We all know people who go home & away they should get first go. It's always been like that, the ones who go to a lot of aways are usually the younguns as they don't have the ties at home to stop them.
But there will come a point where their BCP's drop right off when they can no longer do all the aways.
This system is probably the fairest

Since we went to the SOL, they have always done the points this way. Where its done on a rolling 3 year period. Apart from the spell where they kept adding them on.
I think the only time they would take into account the length of time you've had your Season Card is if we got to a Cup final and there were less tickets available than season cards.
But knowing the current set up in the ticket office, they've probably lost those records now.
I can sort of see where you are coming from, but if people are going to more aways than you or me they should have priority.
We all know people who go home & away they should get first go. It's always been like that, the ones who go to a lot of aways are usually the younguns as they don't have the ties at home to stop them.
But there will come a point where their BCP's drop right off when they can no longer do all the aways.
This system is probably the fairest
I can guarantee that they have lost the ST records - they couldn't even get me back to my seat in the PC when it re-opened - even though i kept the letter from them guaranteeing me first refusal, that is until i got the football ombudsman involved lol

Good afternoon all. I've seen the recent threads on away tickets (Birmingham and Norwich especially), been tagged a couple of times, and it's obvious that people have a number of concerns.

I don't think it's confidential (certainly shouldn't be!) so just letting people know that I'm going to be attending a ticketing workshop next week. Not expecting it to be minuted or owt but I'll be able to discuss ticketing arrangements with reps from the club and hopefully it'll be used to inform the club as part of their review of customer service and ticketing

Can people who have issues please share them here so that I can ensure I bring them up?

The things I'm already planning to mention include:
- loyalty point drops (as mentioned in the Norwich thread whereby people on 29 points are in the same phase as people with 0)
- allocations in general, are our arrangements for away fans at the SoL preventing us getting higher allocations for our away games?
- minor one in the grand scheme of things but when there's high demand games it's mad that we've got to click on individual seats, only to be told someone else has them in their basket, potentially meaning people miss out. I'm sure ticketmaster has the facility to allow people to simply choose "any seats" and select the number they need

Any other specific issues please let me know, or feel free just to give your opinion on how our away ticket process works/ any frustrations, just to give me a wider appreciation of the issues people face.

I expect away tickets will be the main focus here, but equally please bring up any issues with home tickets and I'll try to raise those as well
@Guinness Guzzler
"next week" is now "this week" and soon to be "last week".
Did this workshop take place? If it did happen, did you take part and is there anything to report?

f***ing hell Davidson leaning right into his consultancy experience here to look busy while doing nothing.

Scoping. Process. Service design. Facilitation. Engagement. Dialogue. Working groups. Improvement plan.

No sign of any actual progress, or any actual specific commitments to make any progress.

They are taking the piss out of fans, and after the really excellent statement made at the start of the last meeting, personally I think fans groups should disengage - it's a waste of their time (obviously that's their call), and the whole fan engagement process is just a sham (on the club's part, obviously).

Precis:
Para 1: We're still looking into it
Para 2: We'll get back to you
Para 3: We've no timescale for any changes

Or a meringue?
I've made a full (very long!) comment on it here mate because I was the last to post on this thread this morning so couldn't bump it RAWA - Supporter's collective meeting with SAFC - March 12th

Fully understand that it's frustrating there aren't any quick wins, especially where the black cat point bands are concerned, but I did get the feeling they're genuinely trying to do it right so they don't need to tweak it again. I'm expecting ticketing to be much better next season and, personally, I'll reserve comment on how worthwhile the process has been until then. If all, or at least most, of the issues regarding both home and away tickets are sorted (or for issues which will take longer, well on their way to being sorted) then I'll be happy that it's been worth the time

I've made a full (very long!) comment on it here mate because I was the last to post on this thread this morning so couldn't bump it RAWA - Supporter's collective meeting with SAFC - March 12th

Fully understand that it's frustrating there aren't any quick wins, especially where the black cat point bands are concerned, but I did get the feeling they're genuinely trying to do it right so they don't need to tweak it again. I'm expecting ticketing to be much better next season and, personally, I'll reserve comment on how worthwhile the process has been until then. If all, or at least most, of the issues regarding both home and away tickets are sorted (or for issues which will take longer, well on their way to being sorted) then I'll be happy that it's been worth the time
Thanks for your reply and efforts on our behalf GG.
As you say, frustrating times.
Looking back, it was the opaque corporatespeak nature of the statement that cheesed me off more than anything.

Last edited:
He’s got a bit of a job on I’ll give him that, but his initial implementation of f***ing about with phase levels hasn’t made him flavour of the month, and I’m not sure what the intention of it is, other than to make it a free for all, punish regular goers and please those not so often?
There are a lot of easy wins for him, if he listens.

Back