RAWA Ticketing

This is a step forward by the club , hopefully these work shops become more frequent with RAWA and branches.

I'm in no way saying it gets them off the hook.

One question I'm unsure has been asked , Davidson mentioned we have 18 months left with ticketmaster.

If we leave them will the investment in the new turnstiles still be compatible?

I agree with that suggestion but (and I've said this in another thread) how do you define loyalty? Who is more loyal the guy who has been a ST holder for 50 years and has 25 points or the one who's been a ST holder 5 years and has 35 points?
I have had a season tkt since 1990. If someone has more loyalty points than me, but has had a season card for only 5 year but more BCP.
They should get first dibs on an away ticket, because they have done more aways recently.
Its about as fair as it can be.

For me personally as I manage a group of 17 for tickets the limit of only 9 per transaction is frustrating even more so for branches. Can we look at asking Ticket master to lift that, it's only a small issue but means by having to go in twice you can't all sit together.
Branches have a separate system

Get sent a spreadsheet for each game, fill it out with names, membership numbers, adult / over 65 / under 22 / etc and email it back to club

Ironically I've got a new mobile this week. It has the latest android version so I'll be able to prove the theory....
To my point about faq's being accessible, it seems I only get the info I need from fellow fans rather than the club.
Yeah I'm fairly certain the NFC will be no bother from now on for you. But as far as I'm award older android phones may have to rely on the QR Code.

I have had a season tkt since 1990. If someone has more loyalty points than me, but has had a season card for only 5 year but more BCP.
They should get first dibs on an away ticket, because they have done more aways recently.
Its about as fair as it can be.
Good for you albeit the true test is if it ends up happening - judge how you feel then - 25 years longer as a ST holder versus one or two away games more? I just think the current system favours a younger demographic with less responsibility as an earlier poster mentioned. It's occurred to me a few times this season just how many younger lads and lasses (16-18) are attending matches and especially at the Rotherham match and i just wondered how they had managed to accumulate so many points. It just gets harder as you get older so i would prefer to see a more balanced system

if you want to go to the popular ones, the close ones with low allocations in holiday times (like hull away a few weeks ago) then unfortunately you need to have built up some points. its the only fair way, but it is anything but a 'closed shop' . millwall, plymouth, bristol city - the three away games prior to hull away - all went to 0 points. how is that a closed a shop?
you missed off the trip to swansea before those three.

You're right. It's not a wind up. Genuinely, think about it with a more open mind....

Other clubs (Rangers as an example) with a large away following (and long-term fans with loads of loyalty points) allocate away tickets on the basis of phases - but they don't blow their full allocation on the top threshold. Otherwise, no-one else would ever get to an away game. Those with most points have the first and ongoing chances to buy, and also as the thresholds reduce - as a proportion of tickets remain available for each new phase, with previous phase holders also eligible.

Provides more people with an option to build up points (and go to games). Continues to provide a privelidge to those with more points. Enabled adults with more points who may have kids with less points to enter the process at a phase where they can buy both tickets together. Enables up and coming younger fans (and fans who might not have the money/family flexiblity/otherwise lack of broader life commitments to prevent them going to every game) to get to some away games when otherwise they might struggle. Plus other ranging benefits, i.e. not just the same-old 2,000 fans going to matches each fortnight.

I don't get why people think they are 'sacrificing themselves' to go to plymouth? If they only want to go in order to build up points so they can guarantee a chance of a ticket to Boro, then the incentive package seems wrong to me. Go to Plymouth if you fancy going, not because it's the inly way you can get a ticket to an away game in Leeds. If they're worried about not having a decent phone to buy an away ticket quickly enough - save the money spent going to Plymouth to buy a new phone. Bonkers.
Completely missing the point there mate. Some people 'WANT' to do Plymouth AND Leeds. What you are saying is that should give them the same chance of going to Leeds as someone who would never ever put themselves out and go to Plymouth.

As others have said, the loyalty system works brilliantly for far away games, midweek games and games that are shunted for TV to Friday nights and Sundays, but then its suddenly unfit for purpose when we get to games nearby and maybe over the holidays and then all the people who never went anywhere else start moaning.

Everyone in the high points brackets has done the miles and spent the time and the cash and every other season ticket holder can do the same if they choose. I never went to many away games during the Keane era having been a regular before that. This was due to having two kids that needed me to be there at weekends as my wife worked weekends when they were little so she could do the school runs. Once that situation past I rebuilt my points back up and that took a few seasons.

Now my two grown up daughters are season ticket holders and have a decent haul of point in their own right. It can be done.

I assume you and your boys are going to Cardiff and Southampton (and indeed Norwich)?

That reads to me as if someone who had put all the miles in etc might have to keep logging on 5 times in the hopes of grabbing a ticket (on occasions where the available tickets are snapped up very quickly). That seems like a right fuck on for them tbh.

The only way I think they can make it more open is to do what England do. They give 80% or whatever of the tickets to those with the most points, but 20% of every allocation is held back for a ballot so everyone gets a chance. That rewards those who go all the time, whilst giving everyone a slim chance for any game.

I don't think that would be needed, or be popular here though
If we did that, most games would sell the initial 80% allocation and the remaining people who go all the time would still get the other 20% because lets be honest here, if its Plymouth or Swansea away, they are the only ones who would want to go anyway. They would just have to wait longer to get their ticket and groups who go together would get split up.

The perceived problem only exists for popular nearby games played at weekends or holiday times, while it has been shown numerous times on this thread that it is possible to build points easily and quickly.

Most people only want to do the popular games, which is exactly why the loyalty system works in my opinion as when they come around those who have done the miles and spent the cash get the tickets.

The biggest problem lately is the phase point drops which put someone with 29 in the same scramble as someone on 1 or 0. That is the biggest issue at the moment.

If we did that, most games would sell the initial 80% allocation and the remaining people who go all the time would still get the other 20% because lets be honest here, if its Plymouth or Swansea away, they are the only ones who would want to go anyway. They would just have to wait longer to get their ticket and groups who go together would get split up.

The perceived problem only exists for popular nearby games played at weekends or holiday times, while it has been shown numerous times on this thread that it is possible to build points easily and quickly.

Most people only want to do the popular games, which is exactly why the loyalty system works in my opinion as when they come around those who have done the miles and spent the cash get the tickets.

The biggest problem lately is the phase point drops which put someone with 29 in the same scramble as someone on 1 or 0. That is the biggest issue at the moment.
From the remaining games, Leeds, WBA and Watford will sell out before 30 points and Southampton and Cardiff will reach all STH anyway.

Yes, exactly why I said that it wouldn't be needed here, it's a solution if every game sells out early, which isn't the case here

Good for you albeit the true test is if it ends up happening - judge how you feel then - 25 years longer as a ST holder versus one or two away games more? I just think the current system favours a younger demographic with less responsibility as an earlier poster mentioned. It's occurred to me a few times this season just how many younger lads and lasses (16-18) are attending matches and especially at the Rotherham match and i just wondered how they had managed to accumulate so many points. It just gets harder as you get older so i would prefer to see a more balanced system
Hear hear. A voice of reason.

I’d imagine Southampton will be available to all ST holders if you fancy an away game.
I'll be there for sure - I usually am (including the 8 v 0) don't fall into the trap of thinking that people who don't like the current system only want tickets for Hull or Leeds - that's not always the case - actually thinking about it I've never been to Hull which is crazy as I've been to 60/70 grounds supporting the lads
From the remaining games, Leeds, WBA and Watford will sell out before 30 points and Southampton and Cardiff will reach all STH anyway.
I suspect you are right, so when we add in Birmingham that's at least 4 out of 6.... as I said it feels like its becoming a closed shop notwithstanding how many people don't like that statement

I'll be there for sure - I usually am (including the 8 v 0) don't fall into the trap of thinking that people who don't like the current system only want tickets for Hull or Leeds - that's not always the case - actually thinking about it I've never been to Hull which is crazy as I've been to 60/70 grounds supporting the lads

I suspect you are right, so when we add in Birmingham that's at least 4 out of 6.... as I said it feels like its becoming a closed shop notwithstanding how many people don't like that statement
The main issue is the allocations of 2k.

I’m guessing we’ll have 1-1.5k who do every away game, then take off the tickets allocated to staff and corporate and there’s not many left. The last 6 allocations have been:

Birmingham 2k (increased to 2230)
Huddersfield 2333
Boro 2k
Ipswich 2004
Rotherham 2k (can’t remember the exact number)
Hull 2k
The main issue is the allocations of 2k.

I’m guessing we’ll have 1-1.5k who do every away game, then take off the tickets allocated to staff and corporate and there’s not many left. The last 6 allocations have been:

Birmingham 2k (increased to 2230)
Huddersfield 2333
Boro 2k
Ipswich 2004
Rotherham 2444
Hull 2k

Last edited:
I've not read all this thread but there isan issue for far flung supporters branches. I don't know what the solution is but I belong to the SW England branch and until recently could get an away ticket through them for matches I could reach down this way. I previously had loyalty points but not any longer. Now it seems you need black cat points to get any away ticket. It's a tricky one for the club but it means you can't build up loyalty points if you live so far away. I've been watching the lads for 60 years (through mainly thin!) so its disappointing.
A more future looking dimension to this is I've v persuaded my grandson he's Sunderland and not Man U. We have travelled around to away matches but may not now get tickets. A generation of young exiles could be lost. Don't know the solution but just wanted to share the dilemma.

Back