RAWA Ticketing

Good afternoon all. I've seen the recent threads on away tickets (Birmingham and Norwich especially), been tagged a couple of times, and it's obvious that people have a number of concerns.

I don't think it's confidential (certainly shouldn't be!) so just letting people know that I'm going to be attending a ticketing workshop next week. Not expecting it to be minuted or owt but I'll be able to discuss ticketing arrangements with reps from the club and hopefully it'll be used to inform the club as part of their review of customer service and ticketing

Can people who have issues please share them here so that I can ensure I bring them up?

The things I'm already planning to mention include:
- loyalty point drops (as mentioned in the Norwich thread whereby people on 29 points are in the same phase as people with 0)
- allocations in general, are our arrangements for away fans at the SoL preventing us getting higher allocations for our away games?
- minor one in the grand scheme of things but when there's high demand games it's mad that we've got to click on individual seats, only to be told someone else has them in their basket, potentially meaning people miss out. I'm sure ticketmaster has the facility to allow people to simply choose "any seats" and select the number they need

Any other specific issues please let me know, or feel free just to give your opinion on how our away ticket process works/ any frustrations, just to give me a wider appreciation of the issues people face.

I expect away tickets will be the main focus here, but equally please bring up any issues with home tickets and I'll try to raise those as well

Good afternoon all. I've seen the recent threads on away tickets (Birmingham and Norwich especially), been tagged a couple of times, and it's obvious that people have a number of concerns.

I don't think it's confidential (certainly shouldn't be!) so just letting people know that I'm going to be attending a ticketing workshop next week. Not expecting it to be minuted or owt but I'll be able to discuss ticketing arrangements with reps from the club and hopefully it'll be used to inform the club as part of their review of customer service and ticketing

Can people who have issues please share them here so that I can ensure I bring them up?

- loyalty point drops (as mentioned in the Norwich thread whereby people on 29 points are in the same phase as people with 0)
- allocations in general, are our arrangements for away fans at the SoL preventing us getting higher allocations for our away games?
- minor one in the grand scheme of things but when there's high demand games it's mad that we've got to click on individual seats, only to be told someone else has them in their basket, potentially meaning people miss out. I'm sure ticketmaster has the facility to allow people to simply choose "any seats" and select the number they need

Any other specific issues please let me know, or feel free just to give your opinion on how our away ticket process works/ any frustrations, just to give me a wider appreciation of the issues people face.

I expect away tickets will be the main focus here, but equally please bring up any issues with home tickets and I'll try to raise those as well
The one you’ve listed as minor, is pretty major for me. It is totally unworkable, especially using a mobile phone (which is assume the majority now use to access the ticketing website). I actually like the digital ST and the ticket forwarding thing is really good as well, so please pass on some positives too.

The one you’ve listed as minor, is pretty major for me. It is totally unworkable, especially using a mobile phone (which is assume the majority now use to access the ticketing website). I actually like the digital ST and the ticket forwarding thing is really good as well, so please pass on some positives too.
Trying to get a ticket for the derby was comical on mobile. I eventually got one but my God

You’ve covered the main points for me.

Only other thing I can think of is it would be nice to know how many tickets are left for sale either at the end of the each phase or at the start of the next phase.

There’s also people trying to guess how many are left so people in phase 3 say know wether to risk booking transport etc

Would say this isn't minor as it makes the site totally unusable for any of the more popular games. We should just be able to select a number of seats...2 adults, 1 child etc., maybe filter to a stand.

The site not recognising certain bank cards. I can't use my Nationwide account to purchase anything. I'm sure others have had issues with other banks.

This is a real problem. My bank requires an in-app approval of card spend. Going back after and saying it's been approved just gives me the whirling circle of death. Seriously thinking I might need to open a Paypal account as a workround for this (If Paypal is an option, which it should be if it's not).
Also once you reach a certain point buying tickets online, the countdown timer drops dramatically and if you have to do twofactor authentication for your banking, you’ve usually ran out of time and you lose the reserved ticket.

Especially if it hangs post-approval (see above).

To add an alternative point of view, I like the option to choose specific seats: whilst the vast majority enjoy standing all game, some older and younger fans don't or can't so the option to choose certain seats can be a really useful one as they can look to buy seats without people in front of them.

I also don't like the way tickets seem to go off sales at various times. Just let them be on-sale 24/7 and open up the various phases at a set time each day (9am?) until gone.

You are right that ticketmasters mobile site just lets you pick 2 seats within an area and don’t have to pick and choose, you can pick from the map but this is not the default.

Any chance of them accepting PayPal?

Someone has already mention Bank Cards and difficulties with some of them, it would be good if Apple Pay could be used for a method of payment, never had any issues when I’ve used it, and can use it for England Games via The FA/Wembley who also use Ticketmaster as their distributor.
Thanks. 👍

Can they review the direct debit system ready for next season with reference to payments being refused, some supporters like me have set them up only for the club to say that they cannot take payment due to my bank not allowing payment, it isn't the bank that is the problem it is the club.Every season I have to make the trip down to the ticket office to renew, and I know there are other posters on here who have the exact same issue.

excellent news and well done (again) for sticking your head above the parapet and trying to sort something

similar issues i'd raise - the home ticketing function on a mobile phone is virtually impossible to select a seat on the stadium plan.

and can you bring up/confirm with them that the current plastic ST cards will deffo work next season and that they will communicate it properly at renewal stage, none of this secretive shite and leaving it till the last minute to announce you need to take a day off work to queue for 6 hours to get one

also, can confirm that new STs for next season will be able to get a physical card too? my dad is retired now and is sicking of paying match-by-match (its an absolute fuck on for someone who isn't comfortable using his phone like that) and he wants to get a ST but only if he can have a card

On the android ticketmaster app the only ways to pay are card, PayPal or strangely Klarna , don’t seem to be able to use Android pay.

Don’t know if this is the same for the Apple ticketmaster app as can’t confirm

Good luck mate.

Hopefully the club are finally going to put a system in place with enough people manning it to make it fit for purpose for a club of our size.

excellent news and well done (again) for sticking your head above the parapet and trying to sort something

similar issues i'd raise - the home ticketing function on a mobile phone is virtually impossible to select a seat on the stadium plan.

and can you bring up/confirm with them that the current plastic ST cards will deffo work next season and that they will communicate it properly at renewal stage, none of this secretive shite and leaving it till the last minute to announce you need to take a day off work to queue for 6 hours to get one

also, can confirm that new STs for next season will be able to get a physical card too? my dad is retired now and is sicking of paying match-by-match (its an absolute fuck on for someone who isn't comfortable using his phone like that) and he wants to get a ST but only if he can have a card
Think the card thing was confirmed at the meeting the other week

Back