Thread For The Over 40's Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember the lad who had nicked those old hand written British Rail tickets you used to get from Travel Agents. He used to fill them in wherever we were going and sell them off. f***ing hundreds of us on a train to Kings X with the date as 12th Febuary. :mad:
I remember Knickers from CLS going to Southampton. On the train on the way back he didnt have a ticket and waited for someone to go to the toilets. when they went he knocked on the door and asked for their ticket ie "tickets please". They passed it under the toiler door and he fucked off. :cool:

I remember we played at Brighton circa 1978 and the BHA lads were helped out by a few Hells Angels. The Bear and the Vauxies lads kicked fuck out of them in the corner.

football violence went with the territory and for anyone who wasnt there it was out of place with today's game, but it was what it was.
Wasn't that the season at the Goldstone Ground where we all had to take our DM's/boots off before we got onto the terraces ? :lol: :lol:

Martindales coaches :oops:
The window getting put out on the way back from Luton, pissing down with snow so we had to sit on the bastard floor. Still, unluckily for the perpetrators it was the Vauxies bus behind, so the promptly stopped the bus and pummelled the fuckers

i went into work today and showed some of the kids the start of the 73 cup final, they nearly shit themselves when they saw Pitts tackle on Clarke. Yes it was a different game then

Wasn't that the season at the Goldstone Ground where we all had to take our DM's/boots off before we got onto the terraces ? :lol: :lol:
Could have been. It also happened at Luton later on in the season where we won 3 v 1. The Human Rights people would have had a field day. :lol:

I remember we came out of the Luton Maplewood Road End/Club and as we walked up the alley way towards our end a load of their lads came down. Toe to toe I swung my leg and ripped my Stapress from ankle to thigh. :roll:

Martindales coaches :oops:
The window getting put out on the way back from Luton, pissing down with snow so we had to sit on the bastard floor. Still, unluckily for the perpetrators it was the Vauxies bus behind, so the promptly stopped the bus and pummelled the fuckers

Tennicks coaches?

starter for 10...what were they called

I have some fantastic memories of the 70s and 80s. Winning at Burnley with nine men, after a skinful of Thwaites. Beating WHU at Roker, I remember Pop Robson scored. Away at Wrexham, clambering over the fence to get on the pitch at the end. Away at Cardiff when all the pubs were closed, we took over Cardiff that day, wading through beercans walking down to the game, only to be overcharged to get in.bastards. Arriving in Stoke only to hear on the radio that the game was called off due to snow, then drinking there until the pubs closed. Away at Cambridge United, Sheffield United home and away when Alex Sabella played for them, (game at home we won 6.1 after he scored for them straight from the kickoff).

All in all too many memories of great people I knew, who are no longer with us. I am still optomistic for the future, we are better placed now than in all of my 50 years of life. OK Sbragia is a bit of a strange one, but we havent seen what effect hes had within the club. Im not worried about financial meltdown, we are better placed than many, Quinn having secured the investment of Short just when needed. If Drumaville do sell up, I say a big thankyou to them for saving the club I love. Quinn and Short have a good relationship by all accounts, so until something happens to change my mind I dont see anything wrong.

I reallise I dont know for sure, and I may be proved wrong, but I get the sneaky feeling Sbragias appointment is short term. I will continue to support the lads where and when I can, and listen to, or watch them on telly/internet. They still make or break my weekend depending on the result. That will never change whether Im at the game or not.

Im not a happy clapper by any means, but if I took the attitude of some on the board I would have to go somewhere quiet and open a vein.

Last edited:
in the late 60s it was a matter of gettin in the Fulwell early doors for away fans and tackin up a position in the cage either side of the main walkway with very few OB in between
I was a Rokerman, mesel', under number 17. Unless it was pissing down. ;)

1st game of the season, got beat 3-0 I was there, left Park Lane at midnight
It was deffo a Saturday game, and it was our 2nd away game of the season at Brighton & we lost 2-0 (our 1st Saturday away game) - we'd played Orient at Brisbane Road in midweek and got beaten 3-0

Went to Hull with me dad and on the way home windows put In by Leeds supporters on the A1.
Lads off the bus Including me dad went across and sorted the twats out as did a few other buses that stopped behind us It was mental and even got a mention on match of the day.
1975 am pretty sure was the year.

You know you are getting old when you are watching some players and you've seen their dads bastard play :mad:
Chris Brown, Tobias Hysen

Plus

f***ing hell "D" is winning 0-3 at half time. Quick get the programme

Over 40's only thread, I think it would be better if you lot had your own forum.
You seem to be the most negative bassas on here. ;)

Go on feck off the lot of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back