Thread For The Over 40's Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

My earliest memory of anything SAFC related was being taught the names by my mother of the Sunderland players that won the Cup in 1937.

Probably one of my earliest memories as I was about 3.

Mapson
Gorman
Hall
Thompson
Johnston
McNab
Duns
Carter
Gurney
Gallacher
Burbanks

Along with all the usual nursery rhymes, they were legends.

Thats the only team i can name from memory without having to think.I can name the 73 team but have to think a little.

Stuey Lane trying to stop Leicester fans getting on our bus at the services and the driver fighting them off with a fire extinguisher
Stopping off at Barnsdale Bar for "15 minutes lads". Pissing off over the back and into a pub

It was deffo a Saturday game, and it was our 2nd away game of the season at Brighton & we lost 2-0 (our 1st Saturday away game) - we'd played Orient at Brisbane Road in midweek and got beaten 3-0

Not the one I am on about (maybe my brain is playing tricks) Was with the lads from Vaux, stopped somewhere just on the way back in a working mans club, think it was Hendon. I wasnt at Orient but I can remember laces being removed at Brighton, in an end behind the goal where we didnt have any kiosks for drink or food, and there lot were drinking pints on the other side of the fence.

Stuey Lane trying to stop Leicester fans getting on our bus at the services and the driver fighting them off with a fire extinguisher
Stopping off at Barnsdale Bar for "15 minutes lads". Pissing off over the back and into a pub
Still going strong at the SAFCSA. Canny lad.

Even worse when you have an end of season promotion party and they play 'WE ARE THE F*CKING CHAMPIONS' at full belt when the crowd are more than capable of creating their own atmosphere. Next time it happens to us I swear I will cut the cables at the SOL so we have a power cut:evil:

I really have to agree with TVBC on this one - absolutely boils my piss - that tannoy at the SoL is far too loud. They have killed the art of "building up an atmosphere"

"Come on lets hear it for the boys in red and white"

or

"Good afternoon Sunderland fans"

AAaarrrgghh! choke you bastard!

Last game I had a look up at 2.40 - the ground virtually empty - remember big games at Roker - especially the aforementioned Bolton game with over 52,000 in - bloody hell man the Roker, Clock Stand and Fulwell would have been cranking up the atmosphere inside the ground from 1.30pm - add a few thousand away fans into the mix and the atmosphere come 2.55 when the teams appeared would be bouncing!

The bloke occasionally read the teams out, a half time birthday request - half time scores were strictly by programme and manual scoreboard.

Excited as hell to see the Shoot! cameras for the home games and almost hysterical when the BBC turned up and the lads were on Match of The Day - happy days.

Still going strong at the SAFCSA. Canny lad.

Aye, never seen him for donkeys. Went to watch England Scotland with him and Ronnie Scott, both of them with their Tam O'Shanters. I had my SAFC top on was getting abused by the skinniest sweaty I've ever seen. The bastard train was full of the cunts

Him," Sunderland? thats in f***ing England isn't it"
Me, "Yes, it was the last time I looked"
Him, "Ever been knived smart arse?"
Me, rather nervously, "err no, I'm with him" Pointing at Stuey
Him "And where are yee from?"
Stuey, "Jedburgh" came the reply in his best Scottish accent. Which incidentally got more pronounced the drunker he got, no matter where he was

Fooking get it sorted mods....now!never mind a thread, what about a new forum?.....great idea there must be a way of ensuring that we keep the infants and junior school riff raff off it anaaarl!...at last a proper football message board. Can we also make it open only to those above 16 stone.

Last edited:
done the fuckin job for them tho, the daft (unts

Sunlun lads didnt follow them in and the OB soon arrived

Better to get a Drarkin( have I made that word up?) than a pastin...

some of the daft uns were 50 yds out ffs :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back