Thread For The Over 40's Only

Discussion in 'Gold' started by My Boy Harry, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lambton cat

lambton cat Winger

This talk of Leeds has reminded me of an incident I had with 'the polite hooligan', Think it was late 80's was walking to the ground when this lad walked towards us, me being the biggest he said 'you want a fight mate?', 'not really' sez me, 'ok, no bother mate'.
    Surreal! :eek:

2. Nee Onions Mate

Nee Onions Mate Striker

I'm not sure of the correct year but one of the lads as a tall skinhead named Hunter......He was crackers like.

3. b1gals

b1gals Winger

that's the incident in 92 that I was referring to. Hunta was a canny friend when we were growing up. Don't know of the other incidents mentioned.

4. Pooter

Pooter Midfield

I reckon this was the game in the 68/69 season when the Mags got in the Fulwell early and were throwing bottles and glasses up in the air and smashing them against the roof joists. The glass was spraying everywhere, there was hell on.

I always remember watching from the Fulwell a big battle on the Roker End when Wolves came on Easter Monday in 1968 a huge gap appeared when the fans separated. There was hell on when the Wolves fans tried to get back to their coaches.

5. DJP

DJP Striker

He died in a car crash a few years ago, coming back from a match I think?

6. Arthur Reid

Arthur Reid Guest

Correct - it was like the Wild west, only worse........

7. pfoz88

pfoz88 Central Defender

Remember sitting on one of the supporters busses run by Billy Simmons and my m8 pissing in a bread packet that had had his sarnies in, tying it off and then pushing one of those square skylight efforts that ran down the center of the roof (usually bout 3 of em) up and pushing the bag out. seconds later much noise and anger from further back as said bag had re-entered the bus at the next skylight and promtly burst, showering the bigger boys in his juice. Cost us tabs and beer, but funny.

8. kerkstraat

kerkstraat Guest

Mags, Leeds, ManU, Liverpool, Birmingham, Chelsea......

9. SAFCOldie

SAFCOldie Striker

Dusted off me old 88/89 file and:-

"Mrs Talbot, a mother of 8, waved off her husband, 2 sons & their friends when they left for Oxford on Wednesday afternoon". Not sure of the overal carnage but, "21 year old JohnTalbot & two other back seat passengers were killed when a lorry drove into the back of John's Ford Cortina on the A1". The lads were from Percy Terrace in Sunderland. RIP. Last word to their aunty Margaret; "They were all fanatical Sundrland supporters, they use to travel all around the country watching their team".

Fuckin terrible, RIP.

EDIT: Just looked at next page in the file & the other two lads were Neil Hunter & Geoffrey Harie.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  10. Confucius

Confucius Striker

Hunter was before 92 cos I was around when he was lost and i left home for sunnier climes in 89. Well, Leicester anyhow

11. b1gals

b1gals Winger

Have I got me Oxford games mixed up - always thought it was the cup game during the 92 run because the day before the final I'd bumped into Hunta's Mam who asked me to 'give them a cheer from our Neil'. (I did)

12. cesirwin

cesirwin Midfield

Remember going to leicester away match with the gateshead lads late 70's and they used to hire this crappy old coach that had a door/stair well in the middle of the bus where they tied a placca bag so you could have a piss on the way.......and when the first leicester supporters were spotted at a bus stop the bag of piss was thrown in there general direction

13. Bowman's Coaches, of Birtley .........

White with an orange stripe along the sides.
    Scruffy as fuck (as was the driver).

The Falcon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.