This "use both lanes" malarkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was gonna put this into the ‘annoying things that happened today’ thread ... but a bloke ‘merged’ into my lane today in such a way that he was trying to apparently occupy the exact space I was in. I was so f***ing annoyed that this bloke was trying to squeeze into a space that wasn’t actually there and force me, as a result, to take evasive action that I made him drive along chevrons for a bit and gave really rather a stern look. That’ll show him.

I ALWAYS politely give way to allow merging drivers but when they screech around you and cut you up like him I feel like risking my own paintwork just to prove a point.

I was gonna put this into the ‘annoying things that happened today’ thread ... but a bloke ‘merged’ into my lane today in such a way that he was trying to apparently occupy the exact space I was in. I was so f***ing annoyed that this bloke was trying to squeeze into a space that wasn’t actually there and force me, as a result, to take evasive action that I made him drive along chevrons for a bit and gave really rather a stern look. That’ll show him.

I ALWAYS politely give way to allow merging drivers but when they screech around you and cut you up like him I feel like risking my own paintwork just to prove a point.

I'm with you on that one. I do the same, in my head I'm saying "I couldn't give a fuck mate this is a company car".

Lost its edge. It's its, not it's. Tut.

King Tut.

Add truckers who block the outside lane think they're doing the public a service causing a 3 mile tailback in the process
I remember my old man picking me and a few others up from the airport after a lads holiday. There were roadworks leading up to Team Valley with “use both lanes” and “merge in turn”. A lorry took exception to people doing as instructed and pulled out to block both lanes. Baloo Snr decided to be an equal knobhead back and on Bowes Incline overtook the lorry then dropped down to 15mph.
Proof that bellendry breeds bellendry.

What part of this do people have a problem with?
Today I was at Tyne Dock in Shields (going out of town) and the roundabout before the roadworks was total gridlock because everyone was trying to get in the "right" lane. I got to the roundabout and there was the sign "use both lanes" so I trundled down the inside lane doing my bit to relieve the traffic at the roundabout, however my good deed was thrown back in my face when no bastard would let me in when I got to the cones.
I managed to squeeze in front of an Insignia and he went crackas blaring his horn and giving me the wanker sign.

Obviously the SMB resident Reginald Molehusbands will deem me to be in the wrong so let the abuse begin :lol:
I was in an Audi as well.
It’s well known Audi & Insignia drivers are twats

Same on the road approaching the roundabout at Gosforth Racecourse going East.

Massive queue in the left hand lane every morning. About 1/5 of the time no fucker will let you in despite them being the cause of the queue because they’re absolute morons who won’t use all the available road space.
There’s a roundabout at Gloucester that’s always busy. They’re all trying to turn left but the right lane is clear. I always used the right lane and went passed around a mile of traffic. I’d then go all the way round the roundabout and take the original left turning :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back