This time with Alan Partridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not a tv character

It's ok, but not as good as previous series. Not too keen on the format

That's one of the great things about him.

From the sports reporter in The Day Today, to KMKYWAP, to I'm Alan Partridge 1 to I'm AP 2, to MMM, and his various specials, the film, the books, and now This Time, his physical appearance has changed, his voice has changed, much like a real person would. Even the character's appearances in real life chat shows don't feel like it's a comedy character. Basil Fawlty turning up for interview on Jonathan Ross wouldn't seem as real as Partridge doing it.
With his entire back story and the evolution of the character over 25 years, he's almost a real person.
The greatest comedy character ever created and one with the most substance.

That's one of the great things about him.

From the sports reporter in The Day Today, to KMKYWAP, to I'm Alan Partridge 1 to I'm AP 2, to MMM, and his various specials, the film, the books, and now This Time, his physical appearance has changed, his voice has changed, much like a real person would. Even the character's appearances in real life chat shows don't feel like it's a comedy character. Basil Fawlty turning up for interview on Jonathan Ross wouldn't seem as real as Partridge doing it.
With his entire back story and the evolution of the character over 25 years, he's almost a real person.
The greatest comedy character ever created and one with the most substance.

Alan Partridge is real.

He just plays the role of Steve Coogan in his spare time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back