This time with Alan Partridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was decent but the best APs have been with Iannucci as the co-writer. Need to get him back.
Agreed, the first couple of series were class but it's more hit and miss now. The little touches are better than the big gags which can't be right.

The joke used to be that he was completely self obsessed and loud but now he looks senile watching a shuttlecock and getting absorbed in the map.

I hate the unfunny fat knacker who wears a t shirt under his shirt. Lynn has turned into Lady McBeth for some reason.

Enjoyed the historical re-enactment bit mind.

A lot better than the first. Some proper laugh at loud moments. Saying that I can't see myself watching these again and again like I have with the late 90s ones.

Agreed, the first couple of series were class but it's more hit and miss now. The little touches are better than the big gags which can't be right.

The joke used to be that he was completely self obsessed and loud but now he looks senile watching a shuttlecock and getting absorbed in the map.

I hate the unfunny fat knacker who wears a t shirt under his shirt. Lynn has turned into Lady McBeth for some reason.

Enjoyed the historical re-enactment bit mind.

Aye, the little touches, the subtlety of it seems to be missing. Probably where Iannucci comes in tbh.

I don't know like, didn't like him at first on MMM but thought he was pretty good after a few episodes. Lynn seems to have completely changed her personality, maybe she's got more bitter and less retiring through the years.

Last edited:
A lot better than the first. Some proper laugh at loud moments. Saying that I can't see myself watching these again and again like I have with the late 90s ones.

Aye, the little touches, the subtlety of it seems to be missing. Probably where Iannucci comes in tbh.

I don't know like, didn't like him at first on MMM but thought he was pretty good after a few episodes. Lynn seems to have completely changed her personality, maybe she's got more bitter and less retiring through the years.
I didn't watch MMM so mebbes that's why. Over time they've added to the late 90s character with extra characters and mannerisms and not always for the best.

I think Steve Coogan does more of the writing than he used to as it's "his" character. I was hoping to see chat show Alan back but alas no.

Always interests me when you hear a character like that and you’re thinking will they be specific about where they come from or just play the wacky Geordie tag...:lol:
Coogan loves to use specific areas like that. On IAP he used to mention Swaffham, Flitwick, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back