This everybody is the exact reason why the footballing world detest newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy enough to see where this is heading....they are setting themselves up for another fall. Unless they are clear at the top of the SBC (yes, that's the Sky Bet Championship :cool:) and entertaining the world they will probably turn on Beneathus and move on to their next victim when he decides he's had enough. Alternatively, the meltdown when he decides he doesn't want to stay after all will be of epic proportions, and they'll turn on Ashley again.

Glad you clarified the Sky Bet Championship, thought @ShieldsBlackCat2015 was sponsoring the league.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2016/05/16/allardyce-dignified-comments-about-newcastles-relegation/

---------------------------------------------------
But if we can keep Rafa Benitez at the helm, we should be back in 15 months and we will then very likely be good enough to challenge for a top six position.

They can't just say something like hopefully under rafa we stand a decent chance of promotion.

No they always go that one deluded step too far, talking not only about going up but then likely challenging the top 6.

I'm embarrased to be from the same region Tbh I only hope the rest of the footballing world think that we are not the same as these deluded fuckwits

So no pressure there Rafa. Just been relegated and your target for the season after next is the Champions league. Next seasons promotion is taken for granted.
What could possibly go wrong. Any sought after manager would be mad to get involved with that club.

So no pressure there Rafa. Just been relegated and your target for the season after next is the Champions league. Next seasons promotion is taken for granted.
What could possibly go wrong. Any sought after manager would be mad to get involved with that club.

Im 50/50 towards him staying there or not as I think either way could end in tears.

In reality someone like Mick Mac would be better suited to build an immediate return but no way is he a big enough name for them lot.

Even though just a minority maybe, theres not another set of fans who`d even consider cups/Europe within a week of their bitter rivals relegating them.

To repeat many an SAFC fan, he couldn't beat us, Norwich or Villa! 2 points. 3 scored. 4 conceded.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2016/05/16/allardyce-dignified-comments-about-newcastles-relegation/

But if we can keep Rafa Benitez at the helm, we should be back in 15 months and we will then very likely be good enough to challenge for a top six position.

They can't just say something like hopefully under rafa we stand a decent chance of promotion.

No they always go that one deluded step too far, talking not only about going up but then likely challenging the top 6.

I'm embarrased to be from the same region Tbh I only hope the rest of the footballing world think that we are not the same as these deluded fuckwits
I'm not from the same region, I'm from County Durham.

Except every thing I have heard from our supporters is if we have a good transfer window and carry on improving at the rate we have we should manage mid-table mediocrity.

Call me deluded if you wish but I honestly do believe we can be mid-table. For years we have been hobbled by poor signings, dubious discipline and motivation, zero managerial stability, idiotic DOFs, etc etc. Then in comes BSA with all his experience and savvy, three excellent winter-window signings and a general uplift in all things Sunderland AFC. The crowd and players are reconnected, belief has returned, performances have improved massively, initial results less so but the last few weeks excellent. If we extrapolate this forwards I think we can finally lay to rest the relegation fears that have characterised our last four seasons.

Onwards and upwards! Per ardua ad astra!!

When they got promoted last time, I met a friend of my in-laws who is a mag, and I casually said "You'll be happy with safety this year, and build on that?" He was genuinely angry at me, "nor man, we need to be in the top half".
Apparently he was very quiet this weekend :lol:

All of this craic is just further adding to the meltdown that will happen when Rafa doesnt sign.

Relegation seems unimportant to the Newcastle fans at the moment,its all about keeping Rafa, which is pretty odd, as if it is almost acceptable to get relegated if Rafa stays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back