Third Test - England v West Indies (Old Trafford)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a bit reluctant to look at the first test thread :eek:

fill yer boots ;)

fill yer boots ;)
No. I’ve have not eaten yet

You're right. I also think that, as in football, consistency comes from a talented first XI combined with strength in depth. Lesser teams/squads can pull off the odd great result.

It's been key with the turnaround time between the games. We used seven seamers (including Stokes, who gets picked on batting alone) over the series, with none of them bowling in all three matches, whereas the Windies have Roach, Gabriel, Holder and Joseph, which is a very good frontline attack but they lost Joseph for this match and Gabriel has had his fitness issues. Beyond that, they're into the spinners, including the big lad.

Heard a stat on the radio that Woakes has taken 70-odd wickets @ 20 in England since 2014 :eek:.

Good to hear Zaltzman doing proper cricket, fan of his :cool:

- First time England was won a 3-Test series on home soil after losing the opening Test since 1888

- First time England's pace bowlers have taken 50 wickets in a 3-Test series since 1912

- 2nd most LBWs in a 3-Test series (19) - behind Pakistan v West Indies in 1990 (21)
The last one a combination of conditions and batsmen being out of touch? A lot of playing across the line that you'd like to think batsmen in a bit of nick wouldn't be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back