Third Test - England v West Indies (Old Trafford)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackembhoy

Striker
Forecast rain rain rain and more rain.

Chances of much play let alone a result slim. Tomorrow looks the best out of the 5 days so at least something for tomorrow.

Met office slightly more optimistic than BBC, which looked better yesterday but seems to have changed for the worse. Could still change back. We’ll see

Not surprising. Old Trafford loses more days to rain then any other first-class ground in the UK I believe.

Think Windies will be happy to escape this with a draw. We have our tails up, it's only a three day turn around and they looked exhausted, and we have essentially a brand new team to come in.

does anyone off here live in Manchester, and can confirm the weather?

I think @mikemanc does.
Not surprising. Old Trafford loses more days to rain then any other first-class ground in the UK I believe.

Think Windies will be happy to escape this with a draw. We have our tails up, it's only a three day turn around and they looked exhausted, and we have essentially a brand new team to come in.

Lancs used to claim that as an excuse why they hadn't won the title in so long, think it turned out to be bollocks and Glamorgan was top.

Last edited:
does anyone off here live in Manchester, and can confirm the weather?
Been overcast most of the day, reasonable temperature, would expect a bit of swing today, it hasn't rained but is due to later. Forecast looks similar to what we've had this morning for the duration of the match with the exception of Saturday which looks garbage. It's Manchester so a reasonable chance of rain early morning/late evening on most days to slicken the surface.

Last edited:
Been overcast most of the day, reasonable temperature, would expect a bit of swing today, it hasn't rained but is due to later. Forecast looks similar to what we've had this morning for the duration of the match with the exception of Saturday which looks garbage. It's Manchester so a reasonable chance of rain early morning/late evening on most days to slicken the surface.
Well that sounds promising. But having spent 3 years in the North West I know rain can come down in torrential form at any given time.

Well that sounds promising. But having spent 3 years in the North West I know rain can come down in torrential form at any given time.
It can, the Met office forecast looks like it will be a 4 day game but I wouldn't trust any forecast for Manchester beyond the next day to be honest

I think @mikemanc does.

Lancs used to claim that as an excuse why they hadn't won the title in so long, think it turned out to be bollocks and Glamorgan was top.

Interesting! It was TMS that read off the stats about OT being the worst at some point during the last match. However, I’ve done some digging online and can’t find any actual article on anything related to it (either the study saying it’s Manchester or Glamorgan) you don’t have a link do you?

Interesting! It was TMS that read off the stats about OT being the worst at some point during the last match. However, I’ve done some digging online and can’t find any actual article on anything related to it (either the study saying it’s Manchester or Glamorgan) you don’t have a link do you?

Couldn't find it. Think it was TMS where they mentioned it. Chelmsford was the driest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back