Swindon
Thor
Umbilical
Vera
Woggle
Xerxes
Yukatan
Zyzzyva
Once had a frenchie complaining that I was using the English Alpha, Bravo, Charlie etc. version when speaking French. So I learnt the French version for the next time I spoke to him. He stopped me immediately and admitted he didn't know the French one, only the English version.

Anyway, here it is:

Anatole
Berthe
Célestin
Désiré
Eugène
François
Gaston
Henri
Irma
Joseph
Kléber
Louis
Marcel
Nicolas
Oscar
Pierre
Quintal
Raoul
Suzanne
Thérèse
Ursule
Victor
William
Xavier
Yvonne
Zoé

Cyclists who don't acknowledge another cyclist. I used to do this, but am semi civilised now, so almost always do.
Non Lycra/cycling gear wearers get ignored as they don't count.

Mrs R. putting things like rakes or brooms or even spades and shovels against the wall the wrong way round. Bound to fall over.

Edit. Mrs R. seems to think its not a problem to bump into me while i'm having a wet shave.

Last edited:
I once was doing that at work for a very posh gent in London who couldn't understand me and was struggling for an N word - and came up with 'narcotics'. His response of 'Ohh my dear...' was amusing and it probably didn't give him a good opinion of Gateshead!
Colleague used to make all sorts of phonetic alphabet stuff up. S for psychotic . F for physiotherapy , X for excruciating.

E-mail and email are both correct ways to spell the same word, however e mail is an incorrect way to spell the word.

The difference being that 'e-mail' is new to the idiom and lexicon and so established norms may be unsettled as to whether you hyphenate, conjoin, or inadvertently separate the 'E', - in any event the meaning is the same and could hardly be misinterpreted.

Conflation of 'there' and 'their' are two words with different spelling and entirely different meanings which have long been established in the English language. At least since I was in the infants in the early seventies when I first learned the difference.

When someone spells 'You're' and 'Your wrong'.

Text words, like the classic 'lol' when you're not laughing nor is it funny. Or when people use 'kk' for okay, it's still only 2 letters for 'ok' so you're not saving value seconds of your life. I don't like it when you go to the effort to send out a proper message, correct spelling/grammar and they reply 'k' or "nb m8" as my mate does every time. Just a simple - No bother mate, I'll see you in the pub at 8pm as planned" would do. Not only that, you're that f***ing lazy you put a '8' after the M.

When you have to tell your mate it's his round as he's too greedy to go to the bar.

When there's goals in every single f***ing game except the one you had on your both teams to score coupon. They go over, and you have to endure 'Matt the Prat' (Matt Muray) or the intelligent Dean Windass telling you they've hit the post or missed a pen.

When you're with family and you've got the wireless on to listen to the Sunderland match and you can't hear as the women are banging on about work or Eastenders. Even when you turn the volume up they don't take the hint.

When you get a withheld number missed call. You instantly assume it's bad news probably some hit man from Kenya informing you of your imminent death.

And finally - When you avoid the Prem scores all day so you can watch and enjoy MOTD and you've done all you can to avoid tv, politely warned your family not to say anything and you've turned your phone off so you don't get the scores come through - Only to have late heartache when they put the results on the screen after the weather news - seconds before Match of the Day starts. Then the cow warns you to look away, then gives you an eight of a second to turn it off, by then it's too f***ing late.

Apologies I know some of these aren't specifically what the OP asked.

Last edited:
Cyclists who don't acknowledge another cyclist.
that doesn't irritate me, although i assume they're just ignorant twats...

i get more than mildly irritated when i see fellow cyclists riding badly whilst i'm driving... i give them plenty of distance so don't come into any contact but get annoyed that they're letting the cyclists union down. i've only ever tried (in a none aggressive way) to say something like "don't let the side down" but i got a volley of abuse before i'd even finished... so just silently seethe inside now.

When someone spells 'You're' and 'Your wrong'.

Text words, like the classic 'lol' when you're not laughing nor is it funny. Or when people use 'kk' for okay, it's still only 2 letters for 'ok' so you're not saving value seconds of your life. I don't like it when you go to the effort to send out a proper message, correct spelling/grammar and they reply 'k' or "nb m8" as my mate does every time. Just a simple - No bother mate, I'll see you in the pub at 8pm as planned" would do. Not only that, you're that f***ing lazy you put a '8' after the M.

When you have to tell your mate it's his round as he's too greedy to go to the bar.

When there's goals in every single f***ing game except the one you had on your both teams to score coupon. They go over, and you have to endure 'Matt the Prat' (Matt Muray) or the intelligent Dean Windass telling you they've hit the post or missed a pen.

When you're with family and you've got the wireless on to listen to the Sunderland match and you can't hear as the women are banging on about work or Eastenders. Even when you turn the volume up they don't take the hint.

When you get a withheld number missed call. You instantly assume it's bad news probably some hit man from Kenya informing you of your imminent death.

And finally - When you avoid the Prem scores all day so you can watch and enjoy MOTD and you've done all you can to avoid tv, politely warned your family not to say anything and you've turned your phone off so you don't get the scores come through - Only to have late heartache when they put the results on after the weather news the seconds before Match of the Day starts.

Apologies I know some of these aren't specifically what the OP asked.
So you don't mind using abbreviations yourself, you just object when your 'M8' does it?

office colleagues chewing really nosily...

office colleagues over stirring their tea...

in fact, office f***ing colleagues - oh to work from home...

fuck me you're a walking heart attack if that sort of thing irritates you :lol::lol:

So you don't mind using abbreviations yourself, you just object when your 'M8' does it?

I just don't like text talk mate, I know my grammar isn't perfect, but it's still perfectly readable and I just find it annoying when your mate can't be bothered to type up a short sentence. I know it's trivial and daft.

fuck me you're a walking heart attack if that sort of thing irritates you :lol::lol:
This is the SMB mate. You're allowed ... no, encouraged to moan on relentlessly about the most trivial shite imaginable.

Are you new around here?

Are you even British?

poor dishwasher protocol
toilet roll on the holder the wrong way
letting the toilet roll run out and not replacing it
not washing hands after toilet
turning over the TV so I hear the F1 result on Sky Sports like two minutes before the C4 highlight program is starting.
texting while eating
others not using indicators
audi drivers and their stupid indicators
the fact it always takes 2 attempts to plug in a USB stick
Americanisms like airplane (it's aeroplane FFS)
spellcheck showing aeroplane as incorrectly spelt, and not airplane
unnecessary acronyms like FFS
people behind me in the cinema, even if they're doing nowt.

This is the SMB mate. You're allowed ... no, encouraged to moan on relentlessly about the most trivial shite imaginable.

Are you new around here?

Are you even British?

f***ing hell passports out on the smb, brexit and all that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back