Things That Are Now Accepted

I’ll raise you that and add not shaving.
Beards have always been around in some form but this thing of it being acceptable to show up for work, especially in a public facing job, with a couple of days of stubble cos you ‘hate shaving’ is a bane on the modern world.
I don’t particularly relish wiping me bum but the consequences of not doing so outweigh the inconvenience. Bloody scruffs.

Given the context of your post, my brain had convinced me that was ‘pubic’ :lol:

Lads in gym changing rooms fussing on to make sure their hair is perfectly styled, before they go into gym
Lads in gym spraying themselves with deodorant and scent before they go into gym
Lads with spray aftershave, they just sort of spray it around in the air, in general proximity to their head, bit like what out mams used to do with hair spray
Coppers with tattoos on show

I’ve read (on here) that lads now pop in the gym with going out gear on to get pumped before a night out on the lash. It’s not something I’ve ever witnessed but I was initially in disbelief. Oh, how the world has changed in twenty years.

Puffs and lezzas cavorting around in public.

Lasses being allowed in bars on a Sunday lunchtime.

cycle lanes

Had a great chat with one of the older blokes at work about this, he's a level headed, normal bloke but bloody hell does he disagree with this sort of thing, got quite heated at times. Amazing what 20ish years can do to generational tolerance.

Back