Things That Are Now Accepted

League One football.

I’ve read (on here) that lads now pop in the gym with going out gear on to get pumped before a night out on the lash. It’s not something I’ve ever witnessed but I was initially in disbelief. Oh, how the world has changed in twenty years.
I know blokes (and lasses) who go out shopping for designer gym gear.

Last edited:

I’ll raise you that and add not shaving.
Beards have always been around in some form but this thing of it being acceptable to show up for work, especially in a public facing job, with a couple of days of stubble cos you ‘hate shaving’ is a bane on the modern world.
I don’t particularly relish wiping me bum but the consequences of not doing so outweigh the inconvenience. Bloody scruffs.

I've got a beard, it's more then a few days growth and I keep it very neat and tidy. A lad I work with has a beard and he looks no better than a tramp on the street due to the fact he does nowt to keep it tidy, it grows uneven and he often has food stuck in it. Part of our job is to deal with the public so I can totally understand your point, but not all beardy types are scanners.

I’ve read (on here) that lads now pop in the gym with going out gear on to get pumped before a night out on the lash. It’s not something I’ve ever witnessed but I was initially in disbelief. Oh, how the world has changed in twenty years.

That has to be a wind up, I'm in me early twenties, and have went to the gym and out on the lash for most of me adult life, and have never bumped into a lad of my age doing this

Accepting it is a sign of yours. Maybe you should stop enabling them and join us folk that use our brains instead of just jumping on whatever political bandwagon your party are currently riding.

Just a thought.

Yes, I expected nothing other than that kind of response and a year ago I’d have written the same. A person who feels trapped in an incorrectly assigned gender is not (necessarily) mentally ill. Enough of society just haven’t progressed enough to understand it yet. That doesn’t make it any easier for the person involved sadly.

I’m aware we have a long way to go and understanding won’t happen overnight, and perhaps not even in a generation.

Had a great chat with one of the older blokes at work about this, he's a level headed, normal bloke but bloody hell does he disagree with this sort of thing, got quite heated at times. Amazing what 20ish years can do to generational tolerance.

I’m always amazed why people like that get so upset about it. What possible harm does it do anybody that two blokes or two women want to be together?

Last edited:
Given the gym is my home from home, I can honestly say this does not happen.

I see lads in work gear come straight in from graft on rare occasions and it can get messy.

It gets very interesting when lasses turn up for work dressed to go straight on the lash. It can either be eye candy heaven or a horror show. This has increased with time, saving lasses from going home to change.

There was a woman in my local Tesco dressed as such. Long dark hair, little black dress, knee length and splits the half way up the thighs front and back and five inch peep toe stilletto heels.

Lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back