Things lasses say #anotherlevel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The bairn (She was 16 at the time) once asked if I believed in dinosaurs. I said it wasn't a question of belief, they were there, skeletons etc have been found.

The missus piped up, well I don't believe in them. I asked her calmly who had been burying these massive skeletons around the world then?
God has been burying them to test our faith!

My mates lass (honestly) told him 'not to leave clothes on the radiotor overnight as they could catch fire" :eek::-O
We had a thing around at work about that. We have a 1960s ducted hot air system with vents to open to let in more heat. They are now 50 years old and have seized up, so the estates department say if it is too hot put some old books over the vents.

The H&S woman mailed round describing it as an extreme fire risk. A colleague mailed back, to everyone, pointing out that the flash point of human skin was about 10 degrees hotter than the flash point of paper at 240 degrees. He asked why they pumped air around that hot and if he was safe from spontaneous combustion sitting near the vent.

We all thought it was funny. The boss called him in for a chat.

My missus has no sense of distance. While out walking, we were coming down a big hill and could see the car some distance away. I heard her say to my son, it is probably only about 100 meters more. It was 3/4 mile.

I was putting something out to the bin just there and when I came back in, I heard my wife asking my son where he heard a certain word. They were in fits of laughter and it turns out that the word was 'Wallà'. I then got curious and asked what the word meant & my wife said 'You know, Wallà. It's what the French say'.

I was putting something out to the bin just there and when I came back in, I heard my wife asking my son where he heard a certain word. They were in fits of laughter and it turns out that the word was 'Wallà'. I then got curious and asked what the word meant & my wife said 'You know, Wallà. It's what the French say'.
:lol:

In March this year, our lass (no) said the Leylandii hedge looked like it needed a trim. I said I'd wait until later in the year as the blackbirds are nesting, and I didn't want to disturb the hatching, and the parents bringing up the yougin's. A day or two later she said the blackbirds have already got their young in the garden look....... It was an adult blackbird and two sparrows !!

Does anyone find their missus uses lots of non-committal words then gets annoyed when you don't act on them or question them?

Last night I was making something in the kitchen. "I think <daughter> might want some too", "Oh ok, can you find out for me while I'm busy with this?", "find out what?", "well if she wants some or not", "I just said she did didn't I?", "No, you hinted that it might be a vague possibility", angry glare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back