Things lasses say #anotherlevel

Two particularly "special" stories for me.

Firstly when the Mrs (no) thought there were some scuffs on our walls and decided to touch up the paint. Went to the shops, brought back 3 tins of paint and proceeded to touch up 2 bedrooms, the landing, the stairs and the living room.
She'd thought that all paint companies used the exact same shades and had covered most of the walls in our house in patches of the wrong shade of paint. Ended up getting a painter & decorator in to fix her "improvements".

Secondly, the Mrs (still no) & her sister (no) talking while I'm watching the telly:

Sister: So did you enjoy your holiday?

Mrs: Yeah it was lovely thanks.

Sister: So you know when you're up in the sky in the plane? How come you can't see the stars?

Mrs: Because you're above them.

Must have been 7 years ago and I still tell the second one to anyone I get the opportunity to. :lol:

Without wishing to sound sexist, I don't think women in general are very good at geography. Another thing I have noticed, not many women immediately know the difference between left and right. They have to think about it first:eek:
Not agreeing/disagreeing either way but just to add that I know several female Geography teachers.

I'm exceptionally good at geography.

In any case, you don't need to be "good at geography" to know how Wales relates to England, it's not rocket science, it's early infant school knowledge. My niece can point out most of Europe on a map and she has just turned 5.

Please don't lump all women in with a few thickies who don't know left from right or France from Belgium.

Good post. Both of my boys could name all the parts of UK and state their capital cities, plus the more familiar parts of Europe, by 5 years old. As could (most of) the other kids in their class, or at least those that had parents that gave the slightest fuck about their kids.

People are quick to slate the education system these days. I'm pretty happy with the state school that they attend. There's nowt particularly special about it.

Also, so much of a child's education continues (or in my mind it should do) at home. We read to them and try to inspire them to learn stuff constantl. They also love reading books we get them like atlases, history books, books of GK, as well as playing with their friends on consoles and playing loads of footy as all normal kids should do.

My other half (no) has 4 university qualifications (including a Cambridge Uni degree and a doctorate) and she has managed to find a way to know her left and right without having to think "well I write with this hand so...." She is also fluent in French and she knows the difference between France and Belgium. I had assumed this wasn't out of the ordinary.

It's a flimsy excuse to blame teaching standards for lazy people who don't want to learn.

Last edited:
My wife ordered ink for the printer but could'nt understand how the ink was going to get into the printer when its only connected by wi-fi !!!!!

Remember a cracker on here.

On sky it had corner count of Say Sunderland 5 Newcastle 2 n somebodys lass said theres only 4 corners, how can Sunderland have that many.:eek:

Several years ago a mate of mine and his missus ( both from North Durham ) were lying on sun beds around a swimming pool ( on holiday ) on some Greek island the weather beautiful hot and sunny , he say's " it's the Club trip today " .. she replied " well at least they've got a lovely day for it " !

I think you'll have to explain that one.

Not agreeing/disagreeing either way but just to add that I know several female Geography teachers.

Good post. Both of my boys could name all the parts of UK and state their capital cities, plus the more familiar parts of Europe, by 5 years old. As could (most of) the other kids in their class, or at least those that had parents that gave the slightest fuck about their kids.

People are quick to slate the education system these days. I'm pretty happy with the state school that they attend. There's nowt particularly special about it.

Also, so much of a child's education continues (or in my mind it should do) at home. We read to them and try to inspire them to learn stuff constantl. They also love reading books we get them like atlases, history books, books of GK, as well as playing with their friends on consoles and playing loads of footy as all normal kids should do.

My other half (no) has 4 university qualifications (including a Cambridge Uni degree and a doctorate) and she has managed to find a way to know her left and right without having to think "well I write with this hand so...." She is also fluent in French and she knows the difference between France and Belgium. I had assumed this wasn't out of the ordinary.

It's a flimsy excuse to blame teaching standards for lazy people who don't want to learn.
I bet your Mrs can't map read though :lol:

Driving down to Milton Keynes wife's step sister says you've caught the sun on your arm driving with the window open. Then said you can get the other one done driving back :lol:

Last edited:
Might have already posted this on the thread but it's canny so I'll tell it again anyway.

Me and our lass were watching that Krays film with Tom Hardy in. After it finished I said I hope Tom Hardy was paid twice for his roles.

She said why is that, I told her Tom had played both roles of the twins. She refused to believe it saying 'Well the other one didn't look like Tom Hardy'

Me and our lass (no) we’re watching The Martian a few months ago.She was deadly silent throughout the first hour which is unlike her so I just assumed she was really enjoying it. She then turned to me and said “it’s mad how they filmed this like’” When I asked what she meant it turns out she was so quiet as she was trying to figure out how they had managed to record the film on the actual planet Mars.

Thick as a castle wall.

:lol::lol:

Back