They missed out Penshaw Monument

Status
Not open for further replies.

It has inspired a monument in a story I am writing, it is that special... we also recently released the ashes of our family dog around the tor.

:lol::lol::lol:

I stand by what I've said. The angel is large, unusual but still shit.

Penshaw is 10 times better. On Tyneside the Sage is a far better landmark.
Penshaw monument is shit, it looks like something my nana would have had on her mantelpiece, tacky pretend chintzy Greek shite covered in coal dust

A blot on the landscape

It's Penshaw Monument if I'm heading up to my folks' from down here. Coming back it's the line of f***ing endless cones on the M1

And sadly this is probably it if I'm heading to our house from further down south (ugly as fuck it is):
The Severn Trent Water works on the M1 is my half way marker when going back to SR6:

Logon or register to see this image

I don't think any view on Earth beats the approach in to Durham train station by rail though.

It's Penshaw Monument if I'm heading up to my folks' from down here. Coming back it's the line of f***ing endless cones on the M1

And sadly this is probably it if I'm heading to our house from further down south (ugly as fuck it is):

I don't think any view on Earth beats the approach in to Durham train station by rail though.
End

Of

Thread

I wonder how many crashes that lass has caused slowing down to look at a tower.

Scotch Corner - back in God's country

Durham Cathedral - there's a bit on the A1 where you go down a dip and just catch a first glimpse of it in the distance. Heart warming.

Penshaw monument, of course - come hell or high water I can get home from here

and there's a signpost to on the A690 for Finchale Abbey that's one of my going home landmarks. For years it had - She's here Kate Bush - spray painted on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back