The Witcher 3

I found the story alot more fun and the quests more varied. Early on just go around visiting the question marks on the map to get good gear and level up.

Aye this! Collect everything! You can dismantle it all for parts at a blacksmith which then weighs nothing! There's a perk for extra carry weight make sure that is the first one you get. I collected so much stuff early on I now always have the right materials when I find a new crafting diagram

Is it possible to use two weapons at the same time?

I tried to kill that ghost witch thing in the well but she was solid. I thought I'd beaten her and then I think she manifested into 3 ghosts. I just fled, then embarrassinhly got knacked by those blue looking walking fish men.

I tried to kill that ghost witch thing in the well but she was solid. I thought I'd beaten her and then I think she manifested into 3 ghosts. I just fled, then embarrassinhly got knacked by those blue looking walking fish men.
What is the quest called? There was one quite early on that I struggled like fuck with and this sounds like that one.

The Devil by the Well? You need to cast the magic trap spell and hit her while she's in it

The Devil by the Well? You need to cast the magic trap spell and hit her while she's in it

Yes that's the one. I did cast that spell but it was moving out of it? Does that mean I did it wrong? By magic trap do you mean the standard spells he has, not a spell/potion that has to be created?

Yes that's the one. I did cast that spell but it was moving out of it? Does that mean I did it wrong? By magic trap do you mean the standard spells he has, not a spell/potion that has to be created?

Yes the spells you have as standard.

The trick is to not stand in the middle of the trap. Stand near the back of it so when it moves in you can hit it and it wont move straight out. Try and hit it with an igni spell as well that should stun it

Yes the spells you have as standard.

The trick is to not stand in the middle of the trap. Stand near the back of it so when it moves in you can hit it and it wont move straight out. Try and hit it with an igni spell as well that should stun it

Should I be able to kill it on level 3? I tried when I was level 1.

What does that mean mate, places of power?

You know the notice boards on your map (yellow). Go to them and you'll unlock "undiscovered locations" which will be shown as a ? On your map. Go to these places and you'll find bandit camp's, hidden treasure etc and places of power. It's a stone that you get 1 ability point for. I think there's 5 in each area. Id advise checking out all the question marks on your map before doing quests

You know the notice boards on your map (yellow). Go to them and you'll unlock "undiscovered locations" which will be shown as a ? On your map. Go to these places and you'll find bandit camp's, hidden treasure etc and places of power. It's a stone that you get 1 ability point for. I think there's 5 in each area. Id advise checking out all the question marks on your map before doing quests

Cheers mate. Are these ok to do when at a lower level?

Also, can you fight with two weapons at the same time? e.g. 2 swords? I have two swords on my back, why do I need two if I can only use 1? Is it in case one gets damaged?

Cheers mate. Are these ok to do when at a lower level?

Also, can you fight with two weapons at the same time? e.g. 2 swords? I have two swords on my back, why do I need two if I can only use 1? Is it in case one gets damaged?

In the first map (white orchard) you can go to any of them at any time and not have any difficulty.

No one sword is for monsters the other is for non monsters one at a time

In the first map (white orchard) you can go to any of them at any time and not have any difficulty.

No one sword is for monsters the other is for non monsters one at a time

Cheers.

Is that the witcher sword? How do you know which is for monsters?

Cheers.

Is that the witcher sword? How do you know which is for monsters?

It will automatically draw the correct sword but you can press the right direction button to draw silver (monsters) or left for the steel (non monster).

It took me about 3 play throughs of the first bit before I got right into it.

It will automatically draw the correct sword but you can press the right direction button to draw silver (monsters) or left for the steel (non monster).

It took me about 3 play throughs of the first bit before I got right into it.
Getting to grips with the combat was quite difficult and seemed to put alot of people off the game. Well worth persevering with it though.

Took me ages to start using all of my signs, would just walk round blasting off igni at anything that came at me. As soon as I started upgrading my Yrden and Quen, I realised just how useful they are like.

Also didn't realise until I'd almost completed it that holding down R2 sometimes gives you a different version of your sign, don't know if you have to spend character points to get the power like.

Back