The state of the City centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you reported it?

Do I need to? The massive track of corn leading from St Peters to halfway up the road to where the Stadium you'd think they would of seen already tbh!

Always drop by coming back from Tescos to see if I can catch the fella though, I just wanna know who and why he's doing it. He'll most likely say just feeding the birds to get away with it but he knows what he's doing really.

If i wasnt a MLF id say Sunderland was one of the best away days outside of london for a weekend stop over with the lads because of location of ground to city centre bars & that
It's strange like. Whenever we used to go away it was tret as a mini holiday. 1 or 2 day/nights away enjoying the local hospitality. Maybe these people who are quick to run down our city should do the same. A few away weekends in Stoke, Reading, etc would open their eyes to what a grim town/city really looks like.

Sunderland has most of the big name high street chain stores. The claim that you need to shop in Newcastle or metro is nonsense really that many on here like to claim
There's a lot more variety for lasses in Newcastle and the metro centre but I can't think why a lad would particularly need to go there over Sunderland.

Do I need to? The massive track of corn leading from St Peters to halfway up the road to where the Stadium you'd think they would of seen already tbh!

Always drop by coming back from Tescos to see if I can catch the fella though, I just wanna know who and why he's doing it. He'll most likely say just feeding the birds to get away with it but he knows what he's doing really.
Yes, and to be honest, your attitude is what is really wrong with the city. Happy to complain and moan on social media but with the same effort you could help the council out by informing them of problems.
Not sure how cost effective your 24 hour undercover sting operation is either but we'll let the council decide that after you've reported it.
That's a hell of a lot of corn as well. I'd probably start looking at farmers in the first instance.

You man, you're doing your usual wind up bollocks routine

Today it's "real blokes don't need to shop outside of Sunderland"

f***ing listen to yourself man

:lol:
Who mentioned real blokes man you nob?

You should get a grip or put me on ignore. It's properly boring your constant "wind-up" shite.

Who mentioned real blokes man you nob?

You should get a grip or put me on ignore. It's properly boring your constant "wind-up" shite.

You man

"There's lots of variety for lasses but I can't see why a lad would need to go to Newcastle"

I've got a grip, I'm not the one posting shite like the above. I'm sure you're a real bloke who never shops in Newcastle ever :lol:

Some lads might like variety in their clothes shopping beyond Sports Direct and JD

Yes, and to be honest, your attitude is what is really wrong with the city. Happy to complain and moan on social media but with the same effort you could help the council out by informing them of problems.
Not sure how cost effective your 24 hour undercover sting operation is either but we'll let the council decide that after you've reported it.
That's a hell of a lot of corn as well. I'd probably start looking at farmers in the first instance.

My attitude or the council's attitude? Lazy sacks of shite who'll do nuttin.

Sell off old assets for even more student housing and call it "regeneration"

No doubt they'll try take credit for the Sunniside boom when it's peaked when in reality it was Julie Elliot doing all the graft for them meeting up with all the aspiring business owners telling them why they should / what Sunderland can offer.

Egg fcuking zac early mate.
Everyone loves a bitch and twist but no one is prepared to man up and actually do something.
These type of people make me sick to the core. f***ing cretins. Weak as piss.

I've had a pint but I'm right what I say

An absolute disgrace and demoralising to walk through. What the hell is going on? It hasn't had any investment in decades, bars and pubs look minging, dreadful shops that look shabby as fuck or empty. It was far from great 20 years ago but light-years ahead of what it is now.

Who on earth outside of the area will want to come and support us if they have the wonders of Sunderland city centre pre match. It needs sorting ASAP.
Clearly a mag on a wind up.

You man

"There's lots of variety for lasses but I can't see why a lad would need to go to Newcastle"

I've got a grip, I'm not the one posting shite like the above. I'm sure you're a real bloke who never shops in Newcastle ever :lol:

Some lads might like variety in their clothes shopping beyond Sports Direct and JD
What is it you buy that means you have to go to Newcastle or the Metrocentre? Not having a dig btw, you can spend your money where you like.

My attitude or the council's attitude? Lazy sacks of shite who'll do nuttin.

Sell off old assets for even more student housing and call it "regeneration"

No doubt they'll try take credit for the Sunniside boom when it's peaked when in reality it was Julie Elliot doing all the graft for them meeting up with all the aspiring business owners telling them why they should / what Sunderland can offer.
I find your attitude baffling. You'd rather complain and blame the council than proactively do something to get the issue resolved.

If i wasnt a MLF id say Sunderland was one of the best away days outside of london for a weekend stop over with the lads because of location of ground to city centre bars & that

One of my London mates (Charlton fan) loves away games at Sunderland. Him and his mates all stay at a B and B in Roker and go on the drink round there. He says it's one of his favourite away trips.

If I'm back in the NE I'm in County Durham and would much rather go to Newcastle or the Metro for the greater variety.
So it's just more shops? From other posts I don't imagine you have a large budget? I must admit I tend to shop for what I want / need so find the idea of browsing shops as a leisure activity a bit weird. The odd time I've had to go to the Metro centre I hate every second of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back