The SMB Book thread

Nothing is True and Everything is Possible by Peter Pomerantsev. Amazing account of life in Russia. Terrifying, too. If you know anyone who believes the fallacy that Russia Today is the only TV news channel telling the 'truth' about what's happening in the world, point them in the direction of this book. 10/10

Logon or register to see this image

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead: The Dirty Life and Times of Warren Zevon by Crystal Zevon

Really enjoyed it, was a bit annoyed to find out he was a bit of a bellend for most of his life. 8/10

Nothing is True and Everything is Possible by Peter Pomerantsev. Amazing account of life in Russia. Terrifying, too. If you know anyone who believes the fallacy that Russia Today is the only TV news channel telling the 'truth' about what's happening in the world, point them in the direction of this book. 10/10

that looks excellent, straight onto my amazon wishlist...

there's a whole series marra for you to explore!
that not my dinosaur is a personal favorite...

The Enemy - Lee Child

Decent. You tend to know what you're getting with Jack Reacher. 7/10
Read all lee child , but not enjoying them as much as I used to.
If you like that sort of thing, vince Flynn writes some canny books on a fella called Mitch rapp.

Last book I read was 'I am pilgrim'
By terry Hayes, which is one of the best books I've read recently, 5/5 easy

Read all lee child , but not enjoying them as much as I used to.
If you like that sort of thing, vince Flynn writes some canny books on a fella called Mitch rapp.

Yeah I've read one of the Vince Flynn ones - Term Limits I think... was alright... bit too close to '24' for my liking. Only read the Reacher ones every now and again when I want something easy to read - usually when I'm at work on a weekend that I can pick up and finish in couple of days. Not usually my cup of tea.. but I've started the series so will have to finish them

Back