The SMB Book thread

If you get a chance read Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty. It is a feminist thriller, and is a fantastic gripping read 5/5 for me and one of the best I have read in years. Loved it at the end when..

It's shit.

It's been proven over the years that people who enjoy it tend to be any one or more of depressives, outcasts, miserable, struggling with their sexuality.

People who think it's shit tend to be wired ok mate. Congratulations.

Thank fuck for that.

It seemed as if it was an endless stream of awkward social encounters.

Poor fucker probably had Asperger's syndrome or something but wasn't accurately diagnosed.

Live and let die- Ian Fleming. It was alreet like.

I'll be reading the kids my copy of Rebecca's world by Terry nation I've just raked out the loft. I loved that as a kid....

That's the only one that I've read.
Loading up my kindle as I have no books to read on it currently. Just going through this thread for ideas. The Apple Yard was quite expensive but Whatever You Love was a lot cheaper. I'll let you know how it goes. Ive got a pschological thriller on the go at the moment and it is hard to put down, "Wherever You Go" by Samantha Hayes.

Looking for a challenging book also amongst some more easy reading types.

The People in the Trees by Hanya Yanagihara. 8/10 Good book about a very troubled and unpleasant scientist and a lost, long-lived tribe in Micronesia.

Walking Home by Simon Armitage. Poet walks the Pennine Way. He starts in the borders, walks south for more than two weeks before reaching his home turf, and still manages to cast himself - without irony - as a professional Northerner. But he's decent company, and it's an easy read. 7/10

Logon or register to see this image

Back