The semi-official "I have a new toy" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

taipeisafc said:
The big one in Beijing is in the West of the city between the 3rd and 4th Ring Roads - and yes I have been there too. And there is a full street of Camera shops near the train station in Taipei. There was one shop literally full of Leica's today, was wonderful.

:-(

UaeExile said:
I've just bought an ipad2.... Nowt to do with photography like but :lol:

Get snapseed, it's an absolutely class app, made by Nik Software. Get the 500px app if you're on there, and the British Journal of Photography app is superb too...

Edit: FIFA 12 too. Wave byebye to free time.

Last edited by a moderator:
finally...

Logon or register to see this image

cant wait to get out with this, been after it for yonks and got one cheap on ebay just there now.

Bollocks! The bloke I bought my camera from had one of these for sale at the time. £260 :eek:

Could only just afford the body, although if I'd known it's a good lens I'd have taken it too. Never mind...

Fresh from stripping down, cleaning and rebuilding a F1.4 Porst K Mount lens (a piece of advice if you ever take out the aperture petals make sure you have plenty of patience as it will take bastard hours to get them back in) I am no looking at my next restoration job. Got an old one of these from my late father :-

But in much, much worse cosmetic condition

Last edited:
Fresh from stripping down, cleaning and rebuilding a F1.4 Porst K Mount lens (a piece of advice if you ever take out the aperture petals make sure you have plenty of patience as it will take bastard hours to get them back in) I am no looking at my next restoration job. Got an old one of these from my late father :-

But in much, much worse cosmetic condition

Beautiful. Is it a 6x6?

Beautiful. Is it a 6x6?

It's actually a 6 x 9 takes a big vertical negative. If I was a betting man I think it might still work albeit with a few light leaks. Sadly the one I have looks nowt like the one in the photo much scruffier. It will be a long term job but I think it is mostly bodywork, clean and lube.....the lens looks OK and the shutter, focussing and aperture seem fine. It is a beautiful piece of engineering and to me it is a crime to leave it sitting doing nothing so I am going to do my damndest to get it sorted and get a film through it. I might even see if there is anyone in China who can do a proper job on it.

Last edited:
It's actually a 6 x 9 takes a big vertical negative. If I was a betting man I think it might still work albeit with a few light leaks. Sadly the one I have looks nowt like the one in the photo much scruffier. It will be a long term job but I think it is mostly bodywork, clean and lube.....the lens looks OK and the shutter and aperture seem fine.

Even better

Morning Gents,

I have a new camera, to go with my Sony A390 I have the sony A55.

Works better in low light which is what I wanted.

its coming today!! this is when christmas starts

Max

Not quite the right thread but I do need to purchase a camera for the missus, can somebody recommend a good one to start with please.
Cheers

Just ordered one of these:

Manfrotto 035 superclamp and camera/tripod stud. The plan is to mount the RC4 ball head on it. My thinking being it's a lot easier to take on a plane than my 055XB tripod.

Just ordered one of these:

Manfrotto 035 superclamp and camera/tripod stud. The plan is to mount the RC4 ball head on it. My thinking being it's a lot easier to take on a plane than my 055XB tripod.
Good buy - very sturdy and will grip to most things! At high speeds too. :lol:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back