The scale of our demise

From the bottom of the premier league to the bottom of the Championship in 6 months that really takes some doing. What pissed me off is the fact The club haven't even tried to stop the rot...

Last edited:

as noted on here previously I think he may have had some media coaching

lots of smiling and despite one sentance getting highlighted here a very upbeat interview
as said he talks a good game, but lets see what happens on the pitch
That’s all that counts mate.

The Short apologists will still maintain we would be in a worse position without him even when he takes the club down for the 2nd time in its 100 year plus history.

Not saying he did (and is doing it) deliberately but the level of incompetence he is showing in the appointments he has made in terms of Directors of Football, Chief Executives and Managers is staggeringly poor for someone who is as successful as him in other areas of business.

I guess football is not his thing, he had a go, it failed, it happens, I blame some of managers and players long before I blame him.

I guess football is not his thing, he had a go, it failed, it happens, I blame some of managers and players long before I blame him.

If football wasn't his thing he should have appointed someone competent to run it then. Everyone who works there is subject to his appointment....he's had sole control. Everything that has happened since he took over is down to him, and our constant and miserable slide during that time to where we are now has happened on his watch.

If football wasn't his thing he should have appointed someone competent to run it then. Everyone who works there is subject to his appointment....he's had sole control. Everything that has happened since he took over is down to him, and our constant and miserable slide during that time to where we are now has happened on his watch.

If you really want a figurehead to hate then yes he's there to be shot at as the buck stops with him.

If you really want a figurehead to hate then yes he's there to be shot at as the buck stops with him.

I don't want to hate anybody. As you say,the buck stops with him and,as he's the sole person with absolute power over decision making, he can't escape sole responsibility for our current plight.

I don't want to hate anybody. As you say,the buck stops with him and,as he's the sole person with absolute power over decision making, he can't escape sole responsibility for our current plight.

Did he not do that in the recent interview? Seemed fairly open about the situation from what I can remember?

The start of the downward curve was Bruce’s crazy summer in 11 when ji, Vaughan, Gardner, brown et al arrived to replace bent, Gyan, malbranque etc. Replacing a touch of class with utter shite that we couldn’t get rid of. No manager for whatever reason has been able to arrest the rot

"I think the most important thing is that, going forward, we don’t repeat all the mistakes we made in the past of paying a lot of money for players which didn’t get us to where we wanted to be."

I’m a fan. I know how the fans feel. I know why they are not happy.

"It would be great if there was something I could say that would make everything better, but the reality is that is not going to be better until we do better on the pitch."

Ellis Short

Start by appointing the right manager, one who can motivate, organize and stop the defence conceding goals like 9 year old schoolkids. A manager that is tactically astute and able to make substitutes to get a result. When you've found that manager, back him with some transfer cash in January, (not the £1.25m Grayson received)

Words are cheap but if they were said with any sincerity now is the time to put right your mistakes and save our club, over to you Ellis.

"I think the most important thing is that, going forward, we don’t repeat all the mistakes we made in the past of paying a lot of money for players which didn’t get us to where we wanted to be."

I’m a fan. I know how the fans feel. I know why they are not happy.

"It would be great if there was something I could say that would make everything better, but the reality is that is not going to be better until we do better on the pitch."

Ellis Short

Start by appointing the right manager, one who can motivate, organize and stop the defence conceding goals like 9 year old schoolkids. A manager that is tactically astute and able to make substitutes to get a result. When you've found that manager, back him with some transfer cash in January, (not the £1.25m Grayson received)

Words are cheap but if they were said with any sincerity now is the time to put right your mistakes and save our club, over to you Ellis.
What decent manager is going to come to Sunderland, just look at the names we have been linked with

If my figures are correct we could realistically release him on our way down to League Two...
Your figures wont be correct mate this is JR we are talking about, I always try to tramsit my phsycic energy towards him but it isn't working but 1 things for sure I don't want to be shooting laser beams outta my eyes.

Of the names thrown into the hat Karanka would be top of the list. Trouble is, I don't think he's daft enough to take us on. What's left?
If Karanka wanted to come here we would have signed him by now, think they may leave Stockdale in charge for a bit longer with games against Millwall and Burton coming up, needing some points just to keep pace with bottom 5 teams

If Karanka wanted to come here we would have signed him by now, think they may leave Stockdale in charge for a bit longer with games against Millwall and Burton coming up, needing some points just to keep pace with bottom 5 teams

I agree, the whole episode is typical Sunderland, they sack Grayson as though they've already done a deal with a new manager and 2 weeks later nothing! Not sure where any points will come from with Stockdale in charge, if Boro game was anything to go by. We're letting in goals quicker than the Titanic let in water.

Back