The scale of our demise

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think if our core problem and how should it be addressed?
Players who can't be arsed half the time and a drinking culture. The club should have cut their losses and got them out. It's no coincidence that on both occasions when we've been relegated that there's been a massive cull and we've bounced straight back.

All 3 of those have had it worse than you
Very true. While you’re here, what is the general opinion of West Ham fans re Moyes ? Optimistic, pessimistic, fuming, not arsed, what ?

Players who can't be arsed half the time and a drinking culture. The club should have cut their losses and got them out. It's no coincidence that on both occasions when we've been relegated that there's been a massive cull and we've bounced straight back.
Can't disagree really, but the problem is no-one will take them off us. There's a culture beyond the drinking culture that allows that type of thing to occur and I'd argue that is the root of all that's wrong with us.

It's an impressive turn around from full time at the Everton game about 18 months ago to now.
We don't do turning to shit by halves here.
Aye thats the game I always go back to, the last time I was entertained, the ground was bouncing, came jumping out of there and into the Hilton for a pint thinking we'e finally turned that corner, should really have known better :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can't disagree really, but the problem is no-one will take them off us. There's a culture beyond the drinking culture that allows that type of thing to occur and I'd argue that is the root of all that's wrong with us.
Make one or two an offer to leave. If they don't take it let them stew and lose fitness making their chances of continuing in football as close to zero as possible.

I really can't understand the attitude of footballers. They are always justifying the wages by it's a short career. Well it is, so leave the getting shitfaced until you wrap in when you can piss your millions up the wall.

Logon or register to see this image

And this is who's to blame for the demise..blame Short all you want..this fka..miserable..bought shite..baffling tactics and substitutions..no one will be daft enough to offer him another job in the Prem..:rolleyes:

Yep, relegated the mags twice and each time we`re in a worse state than them a year on.
Unfortunately this

is absolutely breathtaking. Forget the 7th in the Premier League stuff of Reid's days just look how far and fast we've dropped from the end of the Allardyce reign.

We've seen the demise over the years of some great old clubs at the hands of "dodgy" owners-the Oystons at Blackpool, the Russian fraudster at Portsmouth and the Venkys at Blackburn, the whole Rangers saga but Short is surpassing all of that lot in his inability to manage a football club.

No money, falling crowds, corporate sales gone to hell, binning the ladies team, relegation zone and we're trying to attract a manager from...Barnsley.

Take a bow Shorty lad. This is epic.
Top post marra

To be fair, the 'good times' were never that good. Deserved relegation for a few years now so while the drop was certainly sobering, it was hardly as dramatic or unexpected as some would portray it.

It has been coming for years...staying up by the skin of our teeth, allowing poor players to linger about, letting the rot get deeper and hoping for a quick hit through bumping managers at the last moment.

Then once the floodgates opened..bit like needing that shite after a curry but being ages away from the shitter...then when it finally arrives...look out below

Spot on Johnny lad. Escape after escape was costing money we weren't earning and the bill is now in.

Were we ever ‘competitive’ under Short?

More competitive than Blackburn were under the Venky's.

Short has made some massive mistakes but unfavourable comparisons to the Venky's at this moment in time is ludicrous. Those fuckers pulled the plug on Allardyce when he was the only thing keeping them up and gave the job to Steve Kean. They have also already achieved the relegation to League One we fear and didn't give funds to help Blackburn achieve top flight status, nor keep them there any length of time.

The mags call Mike Ashley, I reckon he has done a good job. In profit abd an attractive business. Two relagations, apart from the top five or six in the EPL. Which club does not get relegated or nearly gets relagated.

He's done a great job mostly after the initial mess up of paying over the odds and not doing due diligence in the first place, but he's made a few large profile mess ups selling players at the wrong time and daft appointments and of course he's got two relegations on his record as a result of those. I think some of them genuinely think they should spend like under Keegan challenge though.

Last edited:
is absolutely breathtaking. Forget the 7th in the Premier League stuff of Reid's days just look how far and fast we've dropped from the end of the Allardyce reign.

We've seen the demise over the years of some great old clubs at the hands of "dodgy" owners-the Oystons at Blackpool, the Russian fraudster at Portsmouth and the Venkys at Blackburn, the whole Rangers saga but Short is surpassing all of that lot in his inability to manage a football club.

No money, falling crowds, corporate sales gone to hell, binning the ladies team, relegation zone and we're trying to attract a manager from...Barnsley.

Take a bow Shorty lad. This is epic.
Stopped reading at the laughable comment that Short is worse than Blackburn, Blackpool, Portsmouth etc.

You lot really did lose all perspective that night. You still ended up finishing fourth bottom. Hardly a surprise then that you finished bottom the following season. Having failed to address the core problem it's hardly a surprise that you are struggling this season.
How can we address the problem when the problem stems from the ownership, we cant exactly make him leave can we you sackless fuking black and white twat

Just posted this in another thread but I'll say it again. At this point it would just be boring to support a well ran, moderately successful club. Bring on McCoist/Division One because things are going to get even worse before they get better.

How can we address the problem when the problem stems from the ownership, we cant exactly make him leave can we you sackless fuking black and white twat
He was still in charge two years ago when you lost perspective. I bet you weren't calling for him to fuck off that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back