The Rock/Metal thread......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think 2016 was a cracking year for metal, some brilliant albums came out.

Still working through a lot of them trying to work out a top 10 :lol:

Aye, come to think of it, he was around the Fat of the Land era iirc

I just saw the Firestarter bit and jumped to conclusions.

You know more than me, I'd never heard of him :)
Probably cause I was just starting to drift away from dance/metal scene around then.

As mentioned earlier, here's some Therapy? . What a debut EP they put out in '91.
This thread has be thinking back. What a great time for music the late 80's to mid-90's were !

Could this be the year we finally get a new Tool album?
Not sure what it is with certain metal bands.

Metallica had 8 year gap before Hardwired
Tool has had a nine year gap (and counting)
8 years (and counting) since the last Rammstein album as well.

It's not as if the bands have split up and reformed or owt, these are working touring bands, how does it take them so long to get around to recording another album?

Any fans of American Punk on this thread?
I used to love it as a teenager then started getting back into it 18 months or so ago when I started using streaming services and started streaming some random bands back catalogues. Descendents (and All obviously), Pennywise, Bad Religion and Against Me have been my most listened to punk bands over the last year or so. Descendents last album (Hypercaffium Spazzinate) is the best of their career IMO - a proper masterpiece, and I love how Milo's voice has developed over the yearsz

I come back to it every now and again but soon get bored mainly the fat mike pop punk stuff as doesn't seem to have changed or evolved too much, which is the similar problem I have with some of te genres of metal as well to be fair the rethrash and redeath stuff going on at the moment has not evolved the sound much at all.

Current stuff listening too most at the minute Khemmis, Dark Tranquillity, Insomniom , Thrawsunblat, Oathbreaker.

Solstafir new album due this year which really looking forward too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back