The Red Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never a red, but was shite anyway.
For a shop window display he was appalling.
Cant see any offers coming in for him this window and I'm usually a big admirer of the lad.

I don't see why he lunged in to it with his studs up though. If you come down on the ball with your studs up like that, especially without your other foot properly on the ground, there's a good chance you'll end up sent off. It was just stupid to go in like that imo

I think with the way he was running and how close Hoilett was it was quite a natural angle of his foot.

His FOOT ROLLED UP THE BALL FFS. If you've ever played football you'll know you can't control that, it happens.
It can happen but it leads to a red card. Studs up over the ball (rolled up or not)into a players leg equals a red card. Cant even believe people are debating it:confused:

I’ve just seen it and I believe it should have been given.

Yea he gets the ball however the way he comes over the top and into hoilletts shin is a leg breaker if planted,

It’s wreckless

I agree too.

As I said on the match thread, I think these days this would be a certain red in the Prem or CL, imo.

It's like the interpretation of the 'tackle from behind' - a great tackle that gets the ball in the penalty area is given these days as a penalty, if the defender comes from behind the striker.

Why is it a red? Would you consider it excessive force? Especially considering he won the ball first. If one of their players had been sent off for that I’d still say it wasn’t a foul.

Please don’t blame the ref or the sending off for our demise at 1-0 down the game was over man!
I accept the red wouldn’t have changed much, doesn’t detract from how bad a decision it is.

Never a red.

When Grayson said he thought it was a red, they showed a slow mo of the tackle, when N'Dong makes contact with the ball, his foot is fully on it, with his heel about 1mm above the ground. His foot then bounces and rolls over the ball, with his toes coming into contact with the player. The reaction of the Cardiff players combined with a clueless, weak ref got him sent off...

Has to be rescinded or there should be a red card every time there is contact. Especially if the player misses the ball. Foul on asoro has more intent to harm than N'dong's challenge, for example.

Didnt look good mind. The lad went over the ball and could have snapped his leg. Poor challenge that gave the referee an easy option and he took it.
Tbf that could happen in any tackle. This was probably a foul, but not every bad looking foul should warrant a red card. Refs are far too eager to dish out cards for any tackle that looks like it could be a bit 'dangerous'.

went from behind fouled player who had released ball basic yellow card but not given? If you go by the supposed 'rules'
Its never a sending off tackles ball, foot is pushed in upward motion towards player as foot bounces off the ball its pure accidental. Ref easily influenced by the Cardiff reaction which is pure gamesmanship but the ref's in this league have no consistency thats mainly my point. Not saying Bamba was a red but yellow and as mentioned they got away with 20+ fouls during the game etc But at times also we have players not up for a battle...

Oh yeah, Bamba could have been booked. But consistency isn't the issue here, as they were two completely different types of challenges. Bamba was in no way, shape or form a red card. Depending on your angle and interpretation, Ndong's could have been.

As for their fouls, the only other players that could have been booked were Bamba and Ralls. O'Shea should have had a clear booking for us.

It wasn't even a foul. How any one can say it's a red mustn't have seen any football in the late 90s early 2000's Kevin ball would've been off inside the first 10 mins every game he played

Football has changed / moved on since then. It was a foul and in most cases these days it’s a red

Not a foul. Never any where near a red card. Ref was poor. Would it have made a difference with 11? Dont think they would have tonked 4 past us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back