the priority doesn’t seem to be promotion

Those itk were “knee jerking” after last winters window but luckily the injury the LND was carrying held out until the summer. Fans were “knee jerking“ in the run up to the summer deadline day over lack of forward options. A few weeks into the season and we started playing our entire strike force at the same time, more “knee jerking” occurred. Both forwards got injured meaning we now had no first team quality forwards, even more “knee jerking”. There’s been “knee jerking” all the way through the window just gone.

How long does a regime winging it have before knee jerking becomes a legitimate complaint?

Looks like the majority - at least on this board - have now cottoned-on, after this window. Finally.

See you in the summer for more "knee-jerking" as and when the same cock ups are made for the fourth window in a row,

Those itk were “knee jerking” after last winters window but luckily the injury the LND was carrying held out until the summer. Fans were “knee jerking“ in the run up to the summer deadline day over lack of forward options. A few weeks into the season and we started playing our entire strike force at the same time, more “knee jerking” occurred. Both forwards got injured meaning we now had no first team quality forwards, even more “knee jerking”. There’s been “knee jerking” all the way through the window just gone.

How long does a regime winging it have before knee jerking becomes a legitimate complaint?
It seems undeniable that not getting another striker in is a failure and a mistake. However, we are where we are and, as I said on another thread, IF we have a front 4 of Geldhart, Amad, Roberts and Clarke for the remainder of the season we could be in for a fantastic 18 games. The worry is that, as I frequent this board quite often, I will have to put up with the exact same posts from the likes of Murton Mark/Football Dinosaur and one or two others every day until May.

The priority was to cement our place in the championship i.e. to avoid League One.
However as a happy bonus that priority is generating the chance of being in the play offs.
I don't think the intention was ever to get promoted twice on the spin as it's a MASSIVE leap in a short space of time.

That said, we wouldn't turn it down if we've earned it.

Long term (2 years) is enough time to source. Scout and sign strikers. It wasn't a new issue and in many ways central to making the club work correctly

Doesn't seem to be a problem for any other club. Clubs that - by and large - don't have senior people putting out podcasts bragging about the scouting network, databases etc that have allegedly been put in place to avoid this sort of shit.

He’s a mag.
Well he certainly is acting like one.

No CF is a strange one but I feel Evertons failure on bringing in the Sheff U striker didn't help . Not good but some over the top stuff when our recruitment has been very good and we are playing well above what I expected.

But using the defamatory "brag" leads me to believe they can do no right.....or you're correct.

Seems a bit negligent to piss that all away for want of doing the basics then, doesn't it?
Not really, pissing the next 3 years budget away on Will Grigg the other January was negligent.
We've been caught out with the Stewart injury after signing Gelhardt, but lashing in a £15m offer or whatever for Simms was never on the cards

The priority was to cement our place in the championship i.e. to avoid League One.

However as a happy bonus that priority is generating the chance of being in the play offs.

I don't think the intention was ever to get promoted twice on the spin as it's a MASSIVE leap in a short space of time.

That said, we wouldn't turn it down if we've earned it.

In sabotaging our attack we've ensured we do turn down any chance of success.

Admire your optimism.

This time next year, it'll be:

"Staying up was the aim last year, so logically a lower mid-table finish was always going to be our aim for this season. We would all have loved that in August. It's a long term project and we need to trust the process. At some point we'll be ready to be promoted. In the meantime signing a striker or two would have put us in to administration. Who really wants to sign Will Grigg again for £20m?"

It's certainly not The Cup - zero strikers for that.
Oh behave with the cup man 😄. We wouldn't have any striker available for Fulham anyway, as soon as Stewart got injured. I'm not worried about 1 or 2 cup matches.

Promotion or not it's still unacceptable to go into the second half of the season knowing we have only one striker.

Even worse with said striker being completely unproven and that we've had plenty of time to get at least one more in when we needed at least 2 more.

Also ignoring that our results dropped off a little when we had already lost all of our strikers just a few months ago. Lessons were not learned and in this situation it's worse as we've had the notice and a window to correct the problem but we haven't.

Last edited:

Back