the priority doesn’t seem to be promotion

Priority is staying in Championship?

Now I know why so many people put you on Ignore and ridocule you. Yes. Of course. We haven't even proven we can do that yet and people are already thinking about staying in the Premiership. We seem willing to take our time building a squad yet don't seem willing to take the same amount of time with our seasons. We don't seem to be willing to take time going up through the leagues. We want to get promoted as quickly as possible. But if our seasons are growing and developing faster than our squad then we are growing disproportionately.

Ah yeah I remember now. "They'll tell us" when they've decided this club can try to get back in the Premier League again.

Stand down everyone, we've not had permission to recognise that we're a point off the play offs yet.
Have a real think about it FFS, we’ve spent years wallowing in league one, no real purpose. We’ve got owners and directors who have a long term plan, just because we’ve seen a sniff of promotion via the lottery of the play offs all and sundry are wanting us just to gamble and deviate from the long term plan.

Day we were promoted it never was for me. Loving this season and we're playing great. Could go up , get rid of majority of them, spend about 400 million and win a few games a season.

Have a real think about it FFS, we’ve spent years wallowing in league one, no real purpose. We’ve got owners and directors who have a long term plan, just because we’ve seen a sniff of promotion via the lottery of the play offs all and sundry are wanting us just to gamble and deviate from the long term plan.
Owners have written off this season now..might never have a better chance to go up.

.. well.. for this season it doesn’t

The play offs are insight but from what’s been said by the manager in his press conferences and by the actions of the club it just doesn’t.
The sights are set firmly on the long term.

Maybe this will be a missed opportunity. The club have their vision and I’m massively onboard with it, the work they’ve done to get us to this point has been great.

If there was a time to break the mould and spend some money on a couple of players to kick us on, this was the moment. I hope its not one we look back on with regret.

nonsense, you don't have the correct insight
Owners have written off this season now..might never have a better chance to go up.

here fishy fishy

.. well.. for this season it doesn’t

The play offs are insight but from what’s been said by the manager in his press conferences and by the actions of the club it just doesn’t.
The sights are set firmly on the long term.

Maybe this will be a missed opportunity. The club have their vision and I’m massively onboard with it, the work they’ve done to get us to this point has been great.

If there was a time to break the mould and spend some money on a couple of players to kick us on, this was the moment. I hope its not one we look back on with regret.
one thing yesterday has crystalised is there will be no moments when the mould is broken. They have the courage of their conviction

Gamble what?

Seems to me that all people are suggesting is that the "recruitment team" might have done the absolute basics of their job properly.

This problem didn't leap out at them from nowhere, they've left us understaffed in forward areas in three consecutive windows now. They got away with last January as Ross Stewart performed the (unprecedented?) minor miracle of staying fit to start all 49 games of a play off season. One fortnight's calf strain to him in Feb or March, and we'd still be in League One. We got away with it. The same cock up in the summer has cost us plenty of points this season already. Did they learn from that, finally? Clearly not.

They've had months, and months, to go to this "database" of players they like to brag about when things are going well, identify players who could help us and are available, and make arrangements to bring them in. That is literally what these people get paid to do. And here we are, with one available "forward" at the club, who has three career goals and by all accounts isn't really a centre forward at all, who doesn't belong to us, and we're staring down the barrel of two games a week for the best part of three months. All of this "achieved" despite the recruitment team having a long, long period of advanced notice as to what was needed.

It's an utter, utter, shambles. Arime example of exactly how a professional football club is not supposed to operate. Or any decent amateur football club, for that matter.

Gamble what?

Seems to me that all people are suggesting is that the "recruitment team" might have done the absolute basics of their job properly.

This problem didn't leap out at them from nowhere, they've left us understaffed in forward areas in three consecutive windows now. They got away with last January as Ross Stewart performed the (unprecedented?) minor miracle of staying fit to start all 49 games of a play off season. One fortnight's calf strain to him in Feb or March, and we'd still be in League One. We got away with it. The same cock up in the summer has cost us plenty of points this season already. Did they learn from that, finally? Clearly not.

They've had months, and months, to go to this "database" of players they like to brag about when things are going well, identify players who could help us and are available, and make arrangements to bring them in. That is literally what these people get paid to do. And here we are, with one available "forward" at the club, who has three career goals and by all accounts isn't really a centre forward at all, who doesn't belong to us, and we're staring down the barrel of two games a week for the best part of three months. All of this "achieved" despite the recruitment team having a long, long period of advanced notice as to what was needed.

It's an utter, utter, shambles. Arime example of exactly how a professional football club is not supposed to operate. Or any decent amateur football club, for that matter.
Do you seriously think they’ve sat on their arses and not tried their best to bring a striker in?

No. I do however think that "the recruitment team" don't get paid to try, they get paid to deliver. To recruit. The clue's actually in the name.

It's not a primary school sports day, they don't get a sticker for trying hard.
They’ve done pretty well in every other position. And good quality strikers are maybes not so hard to come across.

Last edited:
Gamble what?

jesus christ man get a grip of yourself for fucks sake.

Also another reason why I hate deadline day, knee jerk fans.
Those itk were “knee jerking” after last winters window but luckily the injury the LND was carrying held out until the summer. Fans were “knee jerking“ in the run up to the summer deadline day over lack of forward options. A few weeks into the season and we started playing our entire strike force at the same time, more “knee jerking” occurred. Both forwards got injured meaning we now had no first team quality forwards, even more “knee jerking”. There’s been “knee jerking” all the way through the window just gone.

How long does a regime winging it have before knee jerking becomes a legitimate complaint?

Priority is to spend/invest as little as possible, and if possible turn a handsome profit. Surely there's nobody who doesn't see this by now, regardless of whether or not they see it as a positive or a negative?
I don't think that at all, and I don't think the majority of fans see it that way either. They are trying to build solid foundations. There have been many more successes than failures in their time. This window is, on balances, one of the failures. I don't think the opinion you have expressed is held by most fans and you represent somewhat of an outlier, and sometimes almost a conspiracy theorist.

Back