the priority doesn’t seem to be promotion

I’m a convert to the new ‘system’ and in that I trust.

If success has to be earned and the price of that is patience, then so be it.

I’m sure the ownership and management are learning as they go and I’m fine with that. Top half finish and year on year improvement sounds good to me.

They don't appear to be learning. That's what many are posting about. The key issues we've had this season go back to the recruitment team coming in. Listening to recent "interview" it appears they haven't changed tact either. Get used to current situation is the message.

There are many at the top of the game who lack financial stability. Got plenty of trophies though.

I also note you ignored that in no way have I stated we should be unstable. Merely that we shouldn't be happy to stay In this league or be woefully understaffed in lots of areas, up front mist notably but also off the field.
Who at the top - that has won lots of trophies - lacks financial stability?

And I have never said that we should be happy to stay in this league or be happy that we are understaffed. My point is that the financial stability of the club is the most important, and that having financial stability enables growth both on and off the field. It’s the same for football clubs as it is for any other business (and don’t get it wrong, football clubs are very much businesses now).

I’m a convert to the new ‘system’ and in that I trust.

If success has to be earned and the price of that is patience, then so be it.

I’m sure the ownership and management are learning as they go and I’m fine with that. Top half finish and year on year improvement sounds good to me.
I love the new system, but we can't keep mentioning the old recruitment as some defence mode when the new recruitment is on a different planet.

Its like people mentioning the failings under Ellis short, he failed to get proper football people in place. Put his willingness to spend with the football and recruitment people we have in place now and this model and it's a completely different thing

Who at the top - that has won lots of trophies - lacks financial stability?

And I have never said that we should be happy to stay in this league or be happy that we are understaffed. My point is that the financial stability of the club is the most important, and that having financial stability enables growth both on and off the field. It’s the same for football clubs as it is for any other business (and don’t get it wrong, football clubs are very much businesses now).
Real, barca, Chelsea, Liverpool to a degree I could go on but I've not got all day. We here a lot about sustainability, that shouldn't prevent us having a full squad or signing strikers. Out wage bill is small for thus league. We'll never progress with small time mentality.

Not seen any posters suggest throwing cash at it but by the same token we've been too Conservative

They don't appear to be learning. That's what many are posting about. The key issues we've had this season go back to the recruitment team coming in. Listening to recent "interview" it appears they haven't changed tact either. Get used to current situation is the message.
Well, I respectfully disagree.

I think recruitment since promotion has been top notch.

We’re all disappointed with the no.9 situation and how the worst case scenario re. LND happened, but I’m the most optimistic about the future of the club since the Reid era.
I love the new system, but we can't keep mentioning the old recruitment as some defence mode when the new recruitment is on a different planet.

Its like people mentioning the failings under Ellis short, he failed to get proper football people in place. Put his willingness to spend with the football and recruitment people we have in place now and this model and it's a completely different thing
I’m not.

The system is new, not the finished article, mistakes will be made and *hopefully* learned from, keep the faith!

Of course, debate and scrutiny are essential to keep us on track. We’re on the same side and want the same thing.

Last edited:
Well, I respectfully disagree.

I think recruitment since promotion has been top notch.

We’re all disappointed with the no.9 situation and how the worst case scenario re. LND happened, but I’m the most optimistic about the future of the club since the Reid era.

I’m not.

The system is new, not the finished article, mistakes will be made and *hopefully* learned from, keep the faith!

Of course, debate and scrutiny are essential to keep us on track. We’re on the same side and want the same thing.
Sorry mate it was aimed at you personally, it was a general comment

In terms of ‘not learning’ in the last year we have went from losing 6-0 to Bolton and two further defeats to Cheltenham and Doncaster to promotion and playing at times the most stunning quality of football at a higher level. All in a year and down to tremendous recruitment.
Just before last weekend we were going to be going into the last 20 games of the season with 2 of the best strikers in the division and plenty of other versatile forward players. Given that we often play only one up front which loanee in their right mind is going to sign knowing they would barely play? And once Stewart was crocked time was against us. Our recruitment has been nothing other than tremendous and our progress is clear evidence of that.

In terms of ‘not learning’ in the last year we have went from losing 6-0 to Bolton and two further defeats to Cheltenham and Doncaster to promotion and playing at times the most stunning quality of football at a higher level. All in a year and down to tremendous recruitment.
Just before last weekend we were going to be going into the last 20 games of the season with 2 of the best strikers in the division and plenty of other versatile forward players. Given that we often play only one up front which loanee in their right mind is going to sign knowing they would barely play? And once Stewart was crocked time was against us. Our recruitment has been nothing other than tremendous and our progress is clear evidence of that.
As I'm sure you already knew,, the not learning is referring to the fact we've left a key position woefully undermanned for 2 years. Last season we somewhat got away with it. Not so this season.

2 best strikers in the division :lol: RS is one of but as we know that didn't go well. The new lad has yet to make his mark in the professional game. To call him one of the best in the division is a gross overestimation at this stage, oh and he'll do great for us in the FA cup this season won't he:rolleyes:. We needed at least 3 strikers as we knew, we've seen injuries prevent us from being able to field a strikeforce even playing on up, loss of form, suspension or just wanting to go with 2 up mean you'd be crazy to leave it at 2 (1 of those with injury history this season).What we've done last month is to effectively with the striking position is to derail our season and to ensure we'll be in this league at best next season.

Back