The Presidents Club - Charities hand back money

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a legal point of view, men groping womens chests and sticking hands up skirts is an offence. And thats that. Not to mention drugs, prostitution.

SOME of the women will accept it for what is a good pay packet. Some were clearly shocked.

They've got away with it for a while but its now over.

End of.

From a legal point of view, men groping womens chests and sticking hands up skirts is an offence. And thats that. Not to mention drugs, prostitution.

SOME of the women will accept it for what is a good pay packet. Some were clearly shocked.

They've got away with it for a while but its now over.

End of.
Well I might put a claim in against my former employers as I had much worse than that.

I didn’t mind the attention at the time though tbf.

Absolutely stupid from any charity that gave money back. If Ormond Street can afford to simply hand back half a million, they can do one for Joe bloggs raising £100 doing a marathon.

Stupidity in the name of being seen to do 'the right thing'.

Absolutely stupid from any charity that gave money back. If Ormond Street can afford to simply hand back half a million, they can do one for Joe bloggs raising £100 doing a marathon.

Or complying with charity commission rules that govern them?

:lol: Through I'm outraged at the exploitation of the little brown man for comic effect.

What's probably more worrying is how long this had been going on for before someone had enough.
Like I said earlier in the thread I've seen all kinds of things happen at balls and also fundraising do's where the M.O. has pretty much been "get them pissed and make them bid" but thankfully none of them wandered into groping territory

Did you phone the police?

Do you think what they did was a crime?

And I’ve been accused of straw manning. :D

No but we should charge people with crimes if committed and shut down events where it is proven that sexual harassment is endemic.

Does that help?

FFS man. I'd wank off a rich old codger for my bus fare home, never mind a sizeable donation to a worthy cause.

When did we all become so precious?

Has anyone been made to do anything they didn't sign up for?

Did anyone get mauled by a sabre tooth tiger when they stuck their necks out the cave before heading to work?

Last edited:
:lol: Through I'm outraged at the exploitation of the little brown man for comic effect.

Did you phone the police?

FFS man. I'd wank off a rich old codger for my bus fare home, never mind a sizeable donation to a worthy cause.

When did we all become so precious?

Has anyone been made to do anything they didn't sign up for?

Did anyone get mauled by a sabre tooth tiger when they stuck their necks out the cave before heading to work?
You get to choose. If you want men to feel you up and ask for sex, work in a brothel. Otherwise, keep your f***ing hands to yourself

A world renowned respected charity know for its good work and compassionate ethos doing something for PR and moral reasons. Who’d have thunk it.
Backfired for me. If they can afford to hand back half a million, they don't need me to raise money for them then do they. Must be flush

f***ing hell man. I’ve read everything on here now.

That was pretty much my reaction when I read this:
Bit like those 15 year olds going backstage Top of The Pops. What did they think was going to happen?

Because, let's face it, adult women voluntarily signing up for a bit of financially rewarding, generally harmless lewdness, is exactly the same as innocent children getting raped by institutionalised paedo groups at the BBC, innit.

I despair. I really do.

Backfired for me. If they can afford to hand back half a million, they don't need me to raise money for them then do they. Must be flush
I'm going to vet the charities I donate to much more carefully as a result of this. Any with ethical policies can fuck right off as it would be hypocritical for them to take my money, what with me being a misogynistic, racist, homophobic radgy owld git like. I'm doing them a favour.

Disagree.
Charities are a force for good. If they allow dirty money to be sent to them, so that horrible people can excuse their actions, then the charities become nothing more than money launderers.

You can just imagine the smarmy bastards - "So what If I grabbed her arse up her skirt, I donated twenty grand to a kids hospital". Its no f***ing excuse.
Let them donate, but make them do it the right way.

There's a reason scientists refused to used the findings of the experiments that Nazis did on the Jews. Even though there may be useful data there, it would be an awful thing to "take advantage of".

Mark Steel makes some excellent points in his article in the Independent: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...ells-appeal-harassment-equality-a8177926.html

I`ve read several people say that they were raising money for children`s charities as if that justifies their appalling actions. If I recall correctly, Jimmy Saville raised a lot of money for charity. Do you think anyone would gladly have taken his money if they knew what they know now? Having said that, maybe some people did have their suspicions but just took the money anyway which in my view is a disgrace. In effect, it allows them to continue with their activities under the veil of respectability.

Last edited:
On a similar note this how Jimmy saville got away with it for years. People knew he was a wrong un but it was 'oh it's just his way' and he 'gives millions to charity' etc.

Mark Steel makes some excellent points in his article in the Independent: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...ells-appeal-harassment-equality-a8177926.html

I`ve read several people say that they were raising money for children`s charities as if that justifies their appalling actions. If I recall correctly, Jimmy Saville raised a lot of money for charity. Do you think anyone would gladly have taken his money if they knew what they know now? Having said that, maybe some people did have their suspicions but just took the money anyway which in my view is a disgrace. In effect, it allows them to continue with their activities under the veil of respectability.
Very good article that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back