The Presidents Club - Charities hand back money

Could have passed the money on to support those affected by harassment. Unfortunately now these ‘gentlemen’ will take their money back and probably wont be named.

The club is winding up and all funds are still going to be given to children's charities but now it's all out in the open so the money will still be well used.

Great Ormond Street refused the money on the correct principal imo.

The club is winding up and all funds are still going to be given to children's charities but now it's all out in the open so the money will still be well used.

Great Ormond Street refused the money on the correct principal imo.
Have they really? Idiots.
Tbf, no-one is coming out of this with any glory. It’s all absolutely ridiculous

Most charities will have an acceptance policy, and this will plainly contravene GOSH’s. Charities have to be very wary of organisations using donations as a way to “cleanse” their reputations.

Not sure if sarcastic or not.

I genuinely don’t see the problem.

It’s money, it’s not ill-gotten and it would be enormously beneficial to the charities.

Keeping the raised money in no way, IMO, compromises the workers’ sexual integrity

That’s your opinion but a lot of people don’t see it like that. It’s not a huge sum to GOSH, and it’s not worth compromising their integrity (not that any amount would be).

Last edited:
Aye difficult one: workers’ sexual integrity or sick kiddies.

I do not see it as difficult at all. None of the charities (I assume) were aware of this prior to accepting the donations. That being the case keep the money and spend in on looking after the bairns. Obviously do not accept future donations.

Aye, fuck the number of grabbed without consent.

Okay can you calm down a little first maybe?

The women weren’t grabbed for charity, they were grabbed at a fundraiser.

It’s ridiculous that for the sake of PR these charities who desperately need that money have to knock it back.

The women were grabbed. The people who did it should be ashamed.

Don’t make the charities and the vulnerable people they serve suffer too

I do not see it as difficult at all. None of the charities (I assume) were aware of this prior to accepting the donations. That being the case keep the money and spend in on looking after the bairns. Obviously do not accept future donations.

This is how I see it.

Most charities will have an acceptance policy, and this will plainly contravene GOSH’s. Charities have to be very wary of organisations using donations as a way to “cleanse” their reputations.

That’s your opinion but a lot of people don’t see it like that. It’s not a huge sum to GOSH, and it’s not worth compromising their integrity (not that any amount would be).

How does it compromise their integrity? That’s what I just don’t get.

It isn’t dirty money. It’s money legitimately donated at an event during which a number of allegations of sexual assault were made

Okay can you calm down a little first maybe?

The women weren’t grabbed for charity, they were grabbed at a fundraiser.

It’s ridiculous that for the sake of PR these charities who desperately need that money have to knock it back.

The women were grabbed. The people who did it should be ashamed.

Don’t make the charities and the vulnerable people they serve suffer too

This is how I see it.

How does it compromise their integrity? That’s what I just don’t get.

It isn’t dirty money. It’s money legitimately donated at an event during which a number of allegations of sexual assault were made

I do not see how it does. The integrity of those guilty individuals is obviously compromised, if they had any in the first place.
Returning critically needed cash for PR purposes raises more questions of integrity in my opinion. I assume not everyone at the event is guilty yet everyone's donation is now tainted?

It is dirty money. It was raised at an event where crimes were committed, indeed where the opportunity to commit crime seems to have been part of the central schtick.

It is dirty money. It was raised at an event where crimes were committed, indeed where the opportunity to commit crime seems to have been part of the central schtick.
thing is Janey if they`d done it to you or anyone else in the street they`d have been arrested and fined for it likely as not, so although the money is tainted why not just treat it like a fine and relieve them of it anyway?

Back