The Presidents Club - Charities hand back money

Again, I have not made a post in this thread saying charities should take money raised at events like this.

You have told me what I think in multiple times this thread, I have a mind of my own.

You are no better than the men that think women should be okay with having their arses grabbed.
Then I apologise for lumping you in with the original posters but, what??

Why are you so on the side of the organisers? They did their best to get the women to sign out of legal rights, including by presenting the NDAs at the last minute so they didn’t have time to understand what they were signing, they knew what happened at this event (including criminal behaviour) and failed to put in place adequate protection let alone to say ‘this gig isn’t for us’, they gave the women drink (the report says this is unique for this kind of worker at this kind of event).
To be honest I think it's a complete over reaction. They did not sign away legal rights. No NDA can waiver the right to report criminal activity, or forgo protection provided under employment law. The NDAs were there to prevent staff selling stories to the press.

I agree there was some criminal activities and anyone exposing themselves should be dealt with correctly. However, nipping a girls backside may not be appropriate but I'm not sure it warrants calls for prosecutions or ministers resigning. Men propositioning women is not illegal and each women can decide how to respond.

I also agree the promoters should have made the women completely aware of what to expect and gave them time to read the NDA, but again the reaction is excessive.

It's not realistic to expect a group of men (or women) to attend an event, with drink and food and not have high spirits or behaviour that may offend some people. It's having a bit of fun. Also, I haven't seen any reports of the women making complaints to the police yet?

being reported now, that the dirty dealings, did not occur at the main event which finished about 11.30pm.

the dirty dealings went on at the "after party" which was held about 12.30am after the main event finished. That coincides with what david walliams, timmy tarbuck and others state.

does not say if held in main room and they just waited till the other guests left or whether they moved to a smaller room

being reported now, that the dirty dealings, did not occur at the main event which finished about 11.30pm.

the dirty dealings went on at the "after party" which was held about 12.30am after the main event finished. That coincides with what david walliams, timmy tarbuck and others state.

does not say if held in main room and they just waited till the other guests left or whether they moved to a smaller room

Surely they'ed have had the money to get Jimmy rather than tribute act.

I haven’t read all the thread so apologies if this has already been raised. Those that support the charities paying the money back - what’s your stance on the money from Proceeds of Crime? Should the NHS and any charities receiving government cash refuse that part?

I haven’t read all the thread so apologies if this has already been raised. Those that support the charities paying the money back - what’s your stance on the money from Proceeds of Crime? Should the NHS and any charities receiving government cash refuse that part?

I can understand your sentiments, but I am sure that the police receive the majority if not all proceeds of crime. However there are strict guidelines on what it is spent on, most spend on charitable stuff like victims of crime organisations

I can understand your sentiments, but I am sure that the police receive the majority if not all proceeds of crime. However there are strict guidelines on what it is spent on, most spend on charitable stuff like victims of crime organisations
Possibly worse. A rape victim gets their counseling paid for from the proceeds of a sex trafficker

Back