The Peacock (pub)

The Borough is hated on here for similar, just the other way round to what happened with The Peacock.

There's plenty of pile it high, sell it cheap, places for the former clientele of the Londonderry to go to. Joseph's, Borough, Beehive, Vesta Tilleys. Room for both type of pubs.

The Borough was far better before.

Good beer, proper music on etc. now it's just a Carling/John Smith's bland affair.

Trade winds and thunder road were on when I was in yesterday trade winds was a very pale ale think it was a 3.4 and thunder road was a pale 4.5
I quite like that, very easy to drink as are a lot from the Wensleydale brewery. In fact I’m gonna have a dodge down The Chesters for a few later this afternoon.

Never seen so much malice or ill feeling towards a pub in my life for having rebranded itself and bettered its business.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, there's a certain crowd on Facebook who really despise the Peacock and miss the days of the Londonderry, and they take maximum offense to anything that portrays the place in a positive light.

My opinion is it's a cracking venue and a symbol of the Keel Square area's regeneration, with a much better feel about it.
It's fine, I quite like it. Liked the derry too.

Back