The Peacock (pub)

Not always Double Maxim cask usually on for home games in Chaplins.

The Samson in Chaplins is cask where as the Samson in Gunners the Dun Cow Engine room Blue Bell the Board inn the Lighthouse etc is smooth.

@The Butcher
@Paddy O'Dors

Aye, Flying Boat has it on too now plus a couple of other Maxim beers. Ironically more places sell DM on Sea Road now than when the original Vaux brewery was open.

Always get Samson in the SOL now, way better than the lager on offer. I did have one iffy tasting pint a few matches ago like but it’s the only one I’d had since the ground put it on, and no doubt it was down to the way they had kept it. It had probably been left over from whenever the match before was. :lol:

Just left. Wasn't fussed on much of the keg stuff but as usual the cask was kept well. Only 4 quid for Raspberry Porter (bottles) too which was good (people have been saying the cans are over priced so was expecting this to also be a lot more).

Just left. Wasn't fussed on much of the keg stuff but as usual the cask was kept well. Only 4 quid for Raspberry Porter (bottles) too which was good (people have been saying the cans are over priced so was expecting this to also be a lot more).
What would you like to see on cask? Double maxim and landlord are regulars and other 2 kept as guests

What would you like to see on cask? Double maxim and landlord are regulars and other 2 kept as guests
Jaipur is always a good un. Something like a Two by Two offering would go down well I reckon. I know they stock Vaux tins so a cask from them would be good too (they've had a few on from them which were all good - VPA series). Can't remember the name of the other two that are currently on. One was a hoppy offering which I enjoyed. The other was around 3.4% (possibly a pale) which didn't take my fancy.

Last edited:
Jaipur is always a good un. Something like a Two by Two offering would go down well I reckon. I know they stock Vaux tins so a cask from them would be good too (they've had a few on from them which were all good - VPA series). Can't remember the name of the other two that are currently on. One was a hoppy offering which I enjoyed. The other was around 3.4% (possibly a pale) which didn't take my fancy.
Trade winds and thunder road were on when I was in yesterday trade winds was a very pale ale think it was a 3.4 and thunder road was a pale 4.5

The Peacock is the only pub to my knowledge other than the Lighthouse that stocks bottles of Raspberry Porter.

A lovely drink.

@Longy

Back