The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have I been telt? It is just a pic but I doubt you'd have switched to a duck ava otherwise. It isn't even funny.

Its not meant to be funny is it? I tend to not even noticed avatars until people highlight them.

Grown men boiling over pics of ducks man.

Michael Scott > David Brent

The American Office is funnier, more watchable over longer periods, and Michael Scott is one of the greatest characters created (after season 1).

Discuss

Both very different, with completely different type of humour.

I'm not sure that the UK version could have lasted 7 seasons without becoming too tired, wheras the US version (almost (think it was definitely ready to end)) made it.

David Brent and Michael Scott are very different. Michael is loveable and you really want him to be happy and do well.
David Brent is cringeworthy and you dont really fell that sorry for him.

Its not meant to be funny is it? I tend to not even noticed avatars until people highlight them.

Grown men boiling over pics of ducks man.
I don't give a fuck about the pics. The content from them is f***ing abysmal and puts people off having a proper laugh.

Both very different, with completely different type of humour.

I'm not sure that the UK version could have lasted 7 seasons without becoming too tired, wheras the US version (almost (think it was definitely ready to end)) made it.

David Brent and Michael Scott are very different. Michael is loveable and you really want him to be happy and do well.
David Brent is cringeworthy and you dont really fell that sorry for him.
I saw a cracking clip of Stephen Fry discussing the differences between UK and US comedy. It was along the lines of American comedy protagonists being likeable characters that the audience relate to and route for, often wisecracking and the audience are generally laughing with them. Whereas UK comedy, when you look at the likes of Basil Fawlty, Blackadder etc they're the butt of the joke and, well, just about the antithesis of the American sitcom lead.

Last edited:
Michael Scott > David Brent

The American Office is funnier, more watchable over longer periods, and Michael Scott is one of the greatest characters created (after season 1).

Discuss

Give over man, the original is genius, American one is funny but is way over the top and full of cheap laughs

not even up for debate!

Michael Scott listening to Lady Gaga in his convertible, pulls up to the camera, shades on,

"It's Britney bitch."

You have just proved my point perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back