The Office

If you are not a Brit then the US one is funnier, cos anyone other than Brits would not find the awkwardness funny..they don';t understand how hilarious all that cringing can be..

Don't know about that, The Office won two Golden Globes (first ever British comedy to do so) which are American and a shed load of others from around the world so a few people in those countries must have found it funny?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290978/awards

The British Office is genius. I find it quite challenging though as it is so uncomfortable.

An American Office is great, watchable, not challenging and has plenty more episodes to enjoy.

Haven't read the whole thread.

The UK office is the greatest comedy of all time. However I've watched all 200+ episodes of the US version 4 times over. I love it. It's completely different(barring the first 6). Michael Scott isn't a patch on Dwignt Shrute.

I feel sorry for people that don't like the US version because they hate all things American.

Both very different, with completely different type of humour.

I'm not sure that the UK version could have lasted 7 seasons without becoming too tired, wheras the US version (almost (think it was definitely ready to end)) made it.

David Brent and Michael Scott are very different. Michael is loveable and you really want him to be happy and do well.
David Brent is cringeworthy and you dont really fell that sorry for him.

This sums it up brilliantly.
Brent is a brilliant character, but he makes my skin crawl.

Michael Scott is loveable(until Holly).

I think that the British one far is way funnier than the American version, although that too is a good show in it's own rights. The humour in the British one is intended by the cringeworthiness of David Brent because you come across arseholes like that in real life in Britain regularly, although not as extreme.

David Brent is a superb character. So many Brents to varying degrees around in various job roles.

Strange how we can appreciate different humour
Would they get our version of the Office ? ( which is far better )
Or Blackadder ?
Doubt it

Idris Elba played the grudge bearing, favouritism giving, faux intimidating, arse licking manager really well. Still a nicer guy than Brent's boss Neil, who was essentially an arsehole pretending to be a good bloke.

I'd love to see Jennifer Taylor-Clarke v Jan Levinson-Gould in a heated argument. Where custard or yogurt was involved after a while. That was one role where both series excelled in the wadness stakes.

Back