The new series of VERA

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's already like that in the Alnwick area. Thousands of the buggers moved in now.
They aren't daft . Round here (Teesdale) the few cheapish house sometimes sell to locals . The high end stuff goes to people from the south . They're usually nice people with a better appreciation of the area than many locals have .

Was tempted to watch lastnight as filmed around amble and a load of friends in it apparently but nah couldn’t bring myself to

It's canny. They now aren't as good as the ones that were based on the books which, in turn, weren't as good as the books themselves. I doubt we'll see any more since she's too busy writing Shetland now and being one of Henry VIII's wives.

But all in all, not a bad Sunday night's viewing. It's even better if you pause it to start watching at about 20:40 so you can fast forward through the increasing number of ad breaks that infect the denouement.

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn? Remember how she said that we would meet again some sunny day?

:cool:

She also sang there'll be bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover, completely disregarding the fact that there have never been bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover because bluebirds are not native to the UK

Basically she's had a 'mare.

Last edited:
Can't stand the geordie accent on TV, auf wiedersen excepted which was mint. Never watched Vera, When the boat, Spender and stuff like that. Don't get me started on Cheryl. My southern missus doesn't mind the accent which is just as well otherwise I'd have been out on my arse years ago.
You’ll be fine with Vera then coz she hasn’t got one :lol:
It’s as bad as Dick van Dykes cockernee in Mary Poppins

I might be in an episode, she was being filmed walking down The Side (beside The Posada) and I crossed over so that I'd be in the shot.

It's canny. They now aren't as good as the ones that were based on the books which, in turn, weren't as good as the books themselves. I doubt we'll see any more since she's too busy writing Shetland now and being one of Henry VIII's wives.

But all in all, not a bad Sunday night's viewing. It's even better if you pause it to start watching at about 20:40 so you can fast forward through the increasing number of ad breaks that infect the denouement.

Alreet Vera?

I might be in an episode, she was being filmed walking down The Side (beside The Posada) and I crossed over so that I'd be in the shot.

Surprised she didn't charge you for the murder in an unexpected twist where a minor character suddenly becomes the murderer...happens most weeks

Last nights episode was filmed round Amble but they called it Payton or something. Not sure what the point is of that when they call Newcastle Newcastle?

I'm not entirely sure that the town council of Amble would be happy to have the place portrayed as a hotbed of hard drugs and murder.

I guessed Sunday's correctly using that theory

That happens in so many detective dramas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back