The new series of VERA

In the sixties and seventies when Newcastle redeveloped the Scotswood and west end of the city hundreds of families were rehoused in Pegswood,Widdrington Station, Red Row, Hadson and Amble.
Many problems arose from that diaspora.
When I worked for the County Council I was surprised just how bad these towns could be, I thought they would be lovely country towns and villages:neutral:
I went to Red Row school and then South Broomhill secondary and the only outsiders I can recall were from the RAF camp at Acklington.

I went to Red Row school and then South Broomhill secondary and the only outsiders I can recall were from the RAF camp at Acklington.

I worked for the County Council for 24 years and heard this on many occasions to explain everything from low attainment, crime and the level of ill health.
Saying that the schools I managed in Ponteland and Darras Hall caused us far more trouble and issues.
Daras Hall Primary no free school meals, Cambois Primary 90% free meals
Forty minutes apart, it might have been different countries.

the bit at the end of this weeks where they went to the boat owners house looked like wynyard to me, but there's probably lots of new build places that look similar.

Is she supposed to live on Holy Island ? She just refused to
Make a cup of teas for her assistant as she said he had better go because the tide was coming in.
No end of surprises in this legendary series !!
I think this is the first one I have actually endured all the way through.

Every episode of this series has basically ended with a minor character who appeared inconsequentially in the first half hour being the killer.

Fair comment.

So there's not really been a chance at trying to solve the case yourself while watching it. It feels a bit of a fudge in all cases to be honest if the murderer hasn't been integrated into the main storyline properly.

I'm generally disappointed with the current series, though the third and fourth episodes have been a bit better.

Fair comment.

So there's not really been a chance at trying to solve the case yourself while watching it. It feels a bit of a fudge in all cases to be honest if the murderer hasn't been integrated into the main storyline properly.

I'm generally disappointed with the current series, though the third and fourth episodes have been a bit better.
Its also dragged out over 2 hours as well. Doesnt need that long to build up the story.

Death In Paradise is a more hard hitting one than Vera at the minute :)

Its also dragged out over 2 hours as well. Doesnt need that long to build up the story.

Death In Paradise is a more hard hitting one than Vera at the minute :)

:lol:

I find Death in Paradise deathly boring. It tries to be light hearted but just misses the mark with me. I tried to like it, but I can't get away with it.

Vera being two hours long when it turns out to be a minor character is way too long.

:lol:

I find Death in Paradise deathly boring. It tries to be light hearted but just misses the mark with me. I tried to like it, but I can't get away with it.

Vera being two hours long when it turns out to be a minor character is way too long.
Its 5hit but is better than this series of Vera. They are clutching at straws now i think

How about:

Vera is faced with a moral dilemma when a southern Businessman is found murdered after several years in charge of a large, run down football club long past it's best. She has 52,000 potential suspects to sift through when her investigations are hampered out in the Rothbury countryside by a genial, alcoholic ex-footballer who suggests they discuss the case over a bit of fishing and a chicken sandwich.

Is this genial ex-footballer, placing himself too close to the investigation, the actual murderer or is the true murderer to be found elsewhere? A further candidate emerges when a number of police horses are assuaged at random and said horse hair is found at the murder scene. Or is the murderer a mentally unstable twice ex-manager aggrieved at his early second departure from the football club, but also perhaps covering up his own shady past after an alleged encounter with a rent boy (known to "love it, just love it") in a lay by near Wynyard Hall.

Or does she just fit up the alcoholic ex-footballer to get him out of her and everyone else's hair. :)

Back