The new LIV golf franchise.

New Year, new 180 degrees polar opposite stance from people's champion and multi multi millionaire man of principles 'Rory'
haway man, did you read the full article like as that headline is minging Marra, he does suggest a solution maybe a Liv style tournament like the IPL twice a year, also states if they want to grow grassroots give50m instead of say 100m to the top talent. But also appreciate not everyone is him or woods. So gives some balance and admits some regrets on what he said about some of the players. However he also sticks to his guns on stuff also. Article is far longer.

some comments :

"We all turned professional to make a living playing the sports that we do and I think that's what I realised over the past two years, I can't judge people for making that decision. "So if I regret anything it was probably being too judgemental at the start”

Asked how his relationship was with the players who had switched from the established tours, McIlroy replied: "Most things are cool, the one thing that has bothered me is I think we have all grown up and played on European Tour, PGA Tour and that has given us a platform to turn in to who we have and give us the profile“

"So when people have played that for, say, 15 or 20 years and then they jump to LIV and then they just start talking cr** about where they've come from, that's what bothers me because you wouldn't be in this position if you didn't have what you had coming up."

McIlroy added: "I don't begrudge anyone for going and taking that money and doing something different but don't try and burn the place down on your way out.

"That's sort of my attitude towards it because some people are happy playing in the existing structure, and that's totally fine too. But I think it's just created this division that hopefully will stop in the near future because I think it's the best thing for golf."

It's not so much the breaks that are the pain but years ago they'd go straight back to the action after one. Nowadays they setting every set up after one

That’ll be the American feed the adverts there are ridiculous over here we get more studio commentary or scoreboard chat and setups rather than pharma adverts

The dam was breached, now there's a flood on the way.
Meronk expected to leave too.
The PGA Tour can hardly complain, they've been doing it to the European Tour for donkeys years.

I’m absolutely shitting it the twats try and get the hojgard twins…..I’d be f***ing gutted. 2 favourites players, had a £5 double on them this weekend after first round.
I'd expect to see Anthony Kim rock up at LIV given the hype over the past week.
I’m hoping they do to fill a place with him.
I'd expect to see Anthony Kim rock up at LIV given the hype over the past week.
canny to see two of the lads that got pga cards come first and second this weekend,
The dam was breached, now there's a flood on the way.
Meronk expected to leave too.
The PGA Tour can hardly complain, they've been doing it to the European Tour for donkeys years.
As much as I hate LIV you do have a point……..I wouldn mind it so much if the money wasn’t so vulgar and they were just honest. f***ing Jon’s interview with that daft jacket man…

Last edited:
Even those that seemed to be relatively honest about why they took the plunge turned wanker after a bit of time with the LIV hype like HV3 and Bland. I wouldn’t be sorry to see the back of the petulant brat Hatton.

I’m absolutely shitting it the twats try and get the hojgard twins…..I’d be f***ing gutted. 2 favourites players, had a £5 double on them this weekend after first round.

I’m hoping they do to fill a place with him.

canny to see two of the lads that got pga cards come first and second this weekend,

As much as I hate LIV you do have a point……..I wouldn mind it so much if the money wasn’t so vulgar and they were just honest. f***ing Jon’s interview with that daft jacket man…
I just wish they would hurry up and sort out whatever this merger/agreement is going to look like so we can get back to meaningful golf outside of the majors that still has some top players involved.

Up until Rahm, there weren't any players who had gone who were really missed. The thing I still can't wrap my head around is why Rahm did go. I know he was offered stupid money, but he has so consistently said that it wasn't something he needed to worry about, but instead legacy was what mattered to him. He surely can't believe the competition aspect of LIV will ever be anything other than an exhibition golf joke.

I just wish they would hurry up and sort out whatever this merger/agreement is going to look like so we can get back to meaningful golf outside of the majors that still has some top players involved.

Up until Rahm, there weren't any players who had gone who were really missed. The thing I still can't wrap my head around is why Rahm did go. I know he was offered stupid money, but he has so consistently said that it wasn't something he needed to worry about, but instead legacy was what mattered to him. He surely can't believe the competition aspect of LIV will ever be anything other than an exhibition golf joke.
Perhaps the money increased each time he said no. Then came the tipping point.

Perhaps the money increased each time he said no. Then came the tipping point.
Either that or he thought the proper tours and LIV were going to come to an agreement in the near future so decided to take the money while he could.

As you say, everyone has their tipping point, even if you would think they have enough money to set up many generations to come already.

Back