The new LIV golf franchise.

safcrob

Winger
The first tournament is supposedly starting in under a fortnight but is yet to list a field of players taking part and the people running it cant find a TV deal. So far it looks like he's only doing it for the money Westwood is involved and about three others. Up to now it looks like it's likely to flop big time but you never know these days with the the prize money of $4m to the winner in each event and the prize doubled in team events it could tempt a few of the big names like Mcilroy who is irish so will naturally want to get his hands on big dollarydoos, i bet he lies awake through the night thinking i could earn more money playing one in one event than half the PGA tour.

Golf fans and none golf fans, if any golfer is going to put their name down for this then who will that be?

The first tournament is supposedly starting in under a fortnight but is yet to list a field of players taking part and the people running it cant find a TV deal. So far it looks like he's only doing it for the money Westwood is involved and about three others. Up to now it looks like it's likely to flop big time but you never know these days with the the prize money of $4m to the winner in each event and the prize doubled in team events it could tempt a few of the big names like Mcilroy who is irish so will naturally want to get his hands on big dollarydoos, i bet he lies awake through the night thinking i could earn more money playing one in one event than half the PGA tour.

Golf fans and none golf fans, if any golfer is going to put their name down for this then who will that be?

Mcilroy won’t

World number 1034 Robert Garrigus.

I was at a corporate golf day a few weeks back and Westwood done a question and answer session after the golf, he said that fans will be surprised at the amount of top players turn up for the LIV event, he wouldn't say who mind....

But there is saying you'll play and then actually signing up, so I guess we will have to wait and see....
Wasn't expecting DJ....

Last edited:
I was at a corporate golf day a few weeks back and Westwood done a question and answer session after the golf, he said that fans will be surprised at the amount of top players turn up for the LIV event, he wouldn't say who mind....

But there is saying you'll play and then actually signing up, so I guess we will have to wait and see....
Wasn't expecting DJ....

They’ve spunked the money on DJ to save face by looks of it

Rumours were $150 million at the weekend announcement was delayed so might be even higher than that

The rest are on the wane other than Gooch … and Louis… Kevin Na getting $30 million

There’s a lot of names I was expecting to see from the PGA tour that aren’t there

Bizarre statement

Bit hypocritical of some players to criticise other for taking the Saudi dollars when they’ve received huge wedge from Abu Dhabi and Dubai and other countries with questionable human rights backgrounds.

Some like Poulter coming to the end of their career have an easy decision to make and to be fair I’d be taking the same one.

Some like Poulter coming to the end of their career have an easy decision to make and to be fair I’d be taking the same one.
It's not such an easy decision considering they don't know the long term implications of the decision, specifically around Ryder Cup captaincy. Only if that ever meant as much to them as what they said of course....

It will just make 2 average tours rather then one great one .

Interesting to know if the 4 majors allow this new tour in

Just had a luck at the prices for the opening event. Johnson 9/2 fav, with Garcia 11/1

I think it’s going to be free to watch on YouTube, when I had a look yesterday. It’s golf, I’ll have a look

never seen golf at the first venue they are playing at

Not into golf in the slightest, in fact I find one of the most boring sports ever invented alongside F1, but I read this article today about the LIV golf tour and what someone is saying (and a lot of others are thinking).

Just had a luck at the prices for the opening event. Johnson 9/2 fav, with Garcia 11/1

I think it’s going to be free to watch on YouTube, when I had a look yesterday. It’s golf, I’ll have a look

never seen golf at the first venue they are playing at
Drove past the entrance of this club a few times... Very fancy looking ..

Back