The new LIV golf franchise.

Mentioned this on this thread before but I think a big driver behind Rahm's decision is because he's butt hurt over how big Rory McIlroy has been on all of this and all of the publicity and praise he's got.

When the players join LIV and say it’s for reasons other than money, it makes them look like utter cocks. Rahm talking about ‘team golf’ being a factor, knob off mate it’s cos your getting 460 million dollars. Just be honest, surely it’s better to be thought of as a greedy bastard rather than being a lying greedy bastard.

I'm properly gutted about this, Rahm always seemed like a decent sort who actually cared about the history of the game and where he could feature in it. I very much doubt he'll have the legacy he's always said he hopes for after this move.

Part of me hopes this does bring both tours back together and professional golf gets back to the excellent place it was in, at least in terms of player quality. The other part of me continues to hope that LIV continues to be marginalised and the exciting talent coming through in proper golf eclipses anything the greedy bastards do on the early retirement tour.

One thing is for certain, we need to change the Ryder Cup qualifying rules for Europe.

I'm properly gutted about this, Rahm always seemed like a decent sort who actually cared about the history of the game and where he could feature in it. I very much doubt he'll have the legacy he's always said he hopes for after this move.

Part of me hopes this does bring both tours back together and professional golf gets back to the excellent place it was in, at least in terms of player quality. The other part of me continues to hope that LIV continues to be marginalised and the exciting talent coming through in proper golf eclipses anything the greedy bastards do on the early retirement tour.

One thing is for certain, we need to change the Ryder Cup qualifying rules for Europe.
Unfortunately any young exciting talent will be targeted by the Saudi's in the same way young talent in football is swallowed up by the big boys as soon as they shine. Rahm is a killer blow for PGA. I'm gutted as well mate. I loved John Rahm.

Blokes a fraud and the Saudi's have ruined golf for me like.

I just want to be able to sit down on a Sunday night and watch the best players compete in proper golf in proper tournaments like The Players, Bay Hill, Memorial etc.

All these events have now been devalued with half the best players playing on LIV. Its going to turn into tennis where you just watch it 4x a year.

Blokes a fraud and the Saudi's have ruined golf for me like.

I just want to be able to sit down on a Sunday night and watch the best players compete in proper golf in proper tournaments like The Players, Bay Hill, Memorial etc.

All these events have now been devalued with half the best players playing on LIV. Its going to turn into tennis where you just watch it 4x a year.
My thoughts exactly mate.

As a massive fan of the sport it's really sad what's happened over the last couple of years.

I see he’s came out with growing the game bollocks.
I wish somebody would pick them up on this, who do they think is going to watch now because they are wearing a purple cap that refused to watch the South African open when he wore a cap with PING or some other random sponsor on. Saad in Dhahran or Freyja Hafnarfjörður wont now stop watching football and playing FIFA or making tiktok dancing video just because a random person has been paid $450m in blood money to try and sportswash.

I can only imagine the bullsh*t rhetoric is part of the deal, they must know fine well nobody believes a word of it.

Very surprised at Rahm, only thing I can imagine is that he knows he's being used as a pawn in the merger negotiations, and there's a chance he's played an absolute blinder by taking the money just before it all comes together again.

I can only imagine the bullsh*t rhetoric is part of the deal, they must know fine well nobody believes a word of it.

Very surprised at Rahm, only thing I can imagine is that he knows he's being used as a pawn in the merger negotiations, and there's a chance he's played an absolute blinder by taking the money just before it all comes together again.

same here, this is a real shocker I cannot make any sense out of it

Back