the metro

I think Network Rail are the contractor - it's not their infrastructure.

They say that Network Rail are trying to fix it - it doesn't say that it's Network Rail's problem.

Network Rail don't use the O/H line to Sunderland and that was installed by Nexus.

Relax everyone, they're getting new trains in 4 years time

Nothing will change.

It'll still be a shambles.

Apologies, quick edit.

Last edited:
No they don't.

They say that Network Rail are trying to fix it - it doesn't say that it's Network Rail's problem, they may just be the contractor as they manage the line.

Network Rail don't use the O/H line to Sunderland and that was installed by Nexus.

Nothing will change.

It'll still be a shambles.
They said it was a Network Rail problem in the announcement on the station this morning.

They didn't when I heard it at 730.

That may have changed mind.

But non of the social media updates are blaming Network Rail - and usually Nexus are first to point the finger.
7am this morning. It is unreliable but last week was extreme and they did get it up and running by friday. It's a private company so they will spend the minimum on maintenance. There are problems somewhere in the system every week.

There are no trains running between Pelaw and Regent Centre in both directions. This is due to problem with the overhead line.

We are currently operating a bus replacement service, the number 900, calling at or near to all stations between Pelaw and Regent Centre.

We will update you once we have more information.

Updated at 16:05, Monday, 5 March 2018

There are no trains running between Pelaw and Regent Centre in both directions. This is due to problem with the overhead line.

We are currently operating a bus replacement service, the number 900, calling at or near to all stations between Pelaw and Regent Centre.

Updated at 16:05, Monday, 5 March 2018

Hmm good job I'm going Regent to South Gosforth then to the Coast from there then.

The disruption between Pelaw and Regent Centre has now been resolved.

There are no trains running between St. Peters and South Hylton in both directions until the end of service. This is due to problem with the overhead line.

We are currently operating a bus replacement service, the number 900, calling at or near to all stations between St. Peters and South Hylton.

Updated at 16.12, Monday, 5 March 2018

Hmm good job I'm going Regent to South Gosforth then to the Coast from there then.

Nice one marra. Looks like I'm stuck in Newcastle.

Edit: Nah Im alright too now.

Back