the metro

there is already track there, easily joining up between near brockley whins and near tyne dock. It wouldn't take that much work to add the link. I have no idea why it's never been done.
I'm not sure if some of the route has been built on? I know the route and remember there being track through Whiteleas to Tile Shed Crossing.

I'm not sure if some of the route has been built on? I know the route and remember there being track through Whiteleas to Tile Shed Crossing.

ah we are talking about different routes. I mean the junction right next to brockley whins. There is a split each side of the station. I am just looking on google maps, there maybe other reasons why it cannot be done.

ah we are talking about different routes. I mean the junction right next to brockley whins. There is a split each side of the station. I am just looking on google maps, there maybe other reasons why it cannot be done.
Freight trains still use it to Tyne Dock iirc.

there is already track there, easily joining up between near brockley whins and near tyne dock. It wouldn't take that much work to add the link. I have no idea why it's never been done.
Probably because anyone with more than two joined up brain cells wouldn't go anywhere near South Shields

I used to drive trains down to Westoe Colliery down there years ago.Line still goes down to Tyne Dock.

x24 wasn't too bad this morning to be fair , pretty direct service from sunderland , will head for that if metro isn't back on later by5

Back