The latest chav trend

Is it just what used to be called a “wall unit” only built in ?

I am 100% for anything that hides cables, even as far as chasing. The massive bundle near the tv is pure charv imo.

I had one 10 years ago in my old house. Looked class.
This it's been a thing for ages now. I was an average geek years ago still keep up with it now but it was all the rage to wallount run cables to a htpc etc ten years ago more. I went with a beauty of an lg oled and have stuck with that for the last four years or so. I can see me getting deep into it all again when it comes time to renew my TV.

A tv centre should really be at an eye level. So when you are sat on your sette or chair, you are looking bang centre with a straight head. You could take the tv up a foot maybe but any more and you are gonna knack your necks in as you get older. Enjoy.

Says who?
Says SCIENCE!.
How to decide where to put your TV in your living room (or anywhere else)

I used to work for Currys over 20 years ago and even then would let potential tv buyers the best position for it. Some wanted massive tv's for a really small room and in the shop looked great but we always asked the customer to measure uo first as they would probably end up getting it home, set up and it would take up half their wall and they'd be sat two metres from the screen. Then we'd get a call asking for a sheepish refund.

Last edited:
A media wall. TV embedded into the wall above a fake fire and some sort of shelving/alcove to the sides, made out some sort of frame and plaster. Looks absolutely hideous, probably goes well with the grey window frames though.
70s g plan here my friend. But the last two media walls I’ve been involved in (one still ongoing) were for couples in their 70’s.

Back