The latest chav trend

Sounds like the ikea pretendy rooms with a sort of bookcase thing right across leaving a space for your telly
For teacher types to put nick nacks on and books with no pictures in

Good time of year for spotting hideous size tellys through windows

Just loads of nowt on those shelves though .Dunelm niknaks
Prefer art or freestanding bits of furniture
Books. Or the vast amount of shit the kids have.

Before this thread I'd never seen or heard of having a long fake fire under the tv. It looks quite good on the pictures I've googled.
My living room already has a real fire so putting another under the tv would look odd. I quite like the look in the link below though. As I'm soon to be decorating and changing my living room I might do something like this.

Got one meself.
Didn't want sideboards in the open plan (with kitchen island anarl) and it would have looked daft just on the wall. Needed something around it.
Got some prices from dedicated installers but just got my builder to do it then supplied my own chav fire. Probably paid a quarter of the price. I was going to put some acoustic wood panels around it which I'm sure would have sent some purple with rage. But was running out of money. Might do it at a later date.
If you go for the acoustic panels, don’t buy Naturewall. I found somewhere that does the same thing but with solid slats, not veneered.

Back