The last time you lost your temper/had it out with someone/had a fight

Probably about ten years ago when I was at uni and had a set-to with a random on a night out who was being a complete arsehat to me and my mates in a takeaway, had to be held back. Stupid looking back, probably the only time I've ever lost my rag in public.

Had a fair few lose their rag at me in the years since, mainly drunk clownshoes on nights out and the odd stoked up road radged drivers. Best thing to do is laugh at them and carry on with your business.

What if one person is being a bellend and you're stuck Standing up for yourself or your missus/mates? Fair enough if you go out looking for trouble you're a bellend but sometimes trouble finds you doesn't it.
No, you can always walk away. Fighting achieves nothing except to massage your ego.

I don’t really get angry, more in a constant state of mild, passive disdain for everyone these days. Probably pushing 10 years ago the last time I had a fight, got slyed standing outside old Independent and ended up rolling about on Holmeside with the lad. Bust his nose open the silly bugger. I actually worked there at the time and watched it all back on CCTV on the Monday morning with my gaffers pissing themselves :oops:

At a seated gig last month and two lads behind us kept talking, laughing, etc. throughout and I was fairly pissed and turned around and told them to shut the fuck up. Luckily they weren’t massive as I was just with my lass and it could’ve ended badly if they’d said anything back. In hindsight I should’ve just politely asked them to be quiet but it seemed to work out well.
Done exactly this in The Empire with the Mrs (no) watching Jimmy Carr and four pissed blokes sat directly in front of us and constantly talking. I’m deaf in one ear and could only hear these fookers so tapped one on the shoulder and said do you mind shutting the fcuk up and they did 😂
Spent the next few mins expecting a daft one hoyed at anytime.

Took a strip off the inlaws while back, grandkid related. Pretty sad but had to be done, spent too long biting me tongue esp when my Mrs was too scared to pull them up & would spend hours moaning to me about them but wouldnt do owt about it herself.

Some bollocks this
Strange thing for you to say, you're responses are usually very balanced and mature.

Lose temper with the kids and wife, can’t remember having a fall out with a mate

Rarely fight either, rather walk away and not spoil my night getting blood on me

Aldi's...blerk 20 years younger than me, much heavier and around 6' 2" I went to get something from the freezer and he screamed "Keep your f***ing distance" I was 10 foot away. I said "if you're that scared of Covid stay at home" He then shouted to his cringing daughter "Do you want me to do him now" With that he took a swing at me, so I sad "What about social distancing" I have a kids agility and I'm dancing around him in Neg mode "Come on fatty, I'll give you a free shot" In less than a minute he was puffing hard, then security turned up and slung him out. Done my shopping, and saw him sitting on the floor in a right old state when I came out. Fair do's to his daughter, who apologised for his behaviour.

Not really a fight as no punches were landed...and yes I could have hit him, but I don't have drastic mood changes, it was just part of the day.

Reminded me of this

No of course you can't always walk away, what a load of bullshit.
You pretty much can. Give me a scenario when you can’t, other than being surrounded or pinned to the floor? There have been several occasions when people have thrown punches/headbutts at me and every time I’ve managed to de-escalate the situation or make my escape without ever throwing a punch back.
And putting the wanker on his arse. Win, win in my book.😁
Nah, still not worth it. What happens next time you bump into him and he’s mob handed?

Last edited:
You pretty much can. Give me a scenario when you can’t, other than being surrounded or pinned to the floor? There have been several occasions when people have thrown punches/headbutts at me and every time I’ve managed to de-escalate the situation or make my escape without ever throwing a punch back.

Nah, still not worth it. What happens next time you bump into him and he’s mob handed?
I've had a friend put in hospital on the street trying to walk away, his crime was not having a cigarette for some charv scumbag who then got aggressive. He tried to walk away then go got hit from behind and had his head kicked in on the floor. He regrets walking away as would been more than capable of defending himself against the man in question.

I've had a friend put in hospital on the street trying to walk away, his crime was not having a cigarette for some charv scumbag who then got aggressive. He tried to walk away then go got hit from behind and had his head kicked in on the floor. He regrets walking away as would been more than capable of defending himself against the man in question.
Ok I suppose that’s one scenario. But how does he know he was more than capable. The kid might have had a knife?
I find in most situations there’s time for some kind of threat assessment. If any of the possibilities involve “might I get hurt?”, then do the opposite.

Last edited:

Back