The Lake District.

Coppers are parked on the A591 top and bottom of the entrance to the NP. Only stopping cars with two or more occupants AFAIK. I doubt anyone would go for your car if it's tucked away somewhere. Just don't park in Grasmere.

Think I'll give it another month. I'm bound to get collared and videod and plastered all over the news as an example of selfish tosspot

Are there many live-in jobs going in hotels, pubs etc (under normal circumstances) during the summer? Thinking of taking a break once lockdown is over & this is something I fancy doing while using any time off to run & walk.

The manager of Tesco in Ambleside is a Sunderland lad. He's looking for staff.

No mate, I'm local. The smaller car parks near and in the fells have had boulders placed to block entrances mate. Municipal car parks are open and many have been made free from charge. The main car park in Ambleside is one of them. ;)

Very few people about. I was out all day today and spotted about a dozen people.
What I`d do to be able to nip into the Apple Pie shop at Ambleside right now

you been up there?

wondering what came of the mountain rescue teams pleas for people to stay away?
Nah tried to stay away from anywhere I thought busy. And it's a bit far for a day trip with the kids - ended up getting lost in the NY moors yesterday and they hated me for it.

I know some of the public car parks and toilets etc are open but I think the message is still please stay away - from the park authorities. But that will have to change once further unlock measures are introduced. Not sure how busy it's been. Seen nothing from the teams saying they have had to do any rescues though.

Nah tried to stay away from anywhere I thought busy. And it's a bit far for a day trip with the kids - ended up getting lost in the NY moors yesterday and they hated me for it.

I know some of the public car parks and toilets etc are open but I think the message is still please stay away - from the park authorities. But that will have to change once further unlock measures are introduced. Not sure how busy it's been. Seen nothing from the teams saying they have had to do any rescues though.

always intend to explore the NY moors a bit more, like Swaledale and across to Dent, always seems a bit more rugged and wild, although not as stunning as the lakes

any camp sites open yet?
Few more people kicking about Ambleside and walking the fells ..but only a few as there's nothing else to do apart from Tesco and spa being open..bowness was supposedly quite busy over the weekend with day trippers..few more options on the takeaway food front there..shops can open from next week but a few I've spoken too are wondering if it's worth it as b n bs and hotels and campsites still won't be open so not so many tourists yet

It is absolutely heaving this weekend, I am a regular visitor and have never know anything like it. Obvious reasons.

I have been here since Thursday near Windermere and am now at Ullswater. Each day has got busier than the last, lots of traffic jams but overall no bother.

Great to see of course , and pubs and restaurants are handling it very well IMO.

Back